Who should be the penalty taker?

Who should be the penalty taker?

• Total voters
F

Flavia

This discussion has been going on for a while. Barça players have missed 8 from 16 penalties this season. Suarez was rated to be the taker for many, but then missed one vs Sporting. Neymar and Messi also missed their share.

Should one penalty taker be back, as it was? If so, who? Or let MSN keep sharing them?

B

beautifulgame

was thinkin the same however only those who have seen them in practice can say

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Messi Messi Messi.

And I didn't really like Raki's declarations about "being ready to take the pks if necessary", not cool at all.

arjunanand1

Rakitic, since everyone's had their turn it's only fair he gets a chance. Also, I'd love for the team to give Masche a chance to get his first goal for Barca. Saw a petition about this some days back :p

ManusXavi

Neymar would be my first pick because he has a huge range of shots.
Rakitic would be my second pick.
Dani Alves would be an interesting Penalty taker. His shooting speed is as vicious as a tennis serve

Suarez 79%, Messi 78%, Neymar 77%, Rakitic 70%... I think those numbers are correct but would have to recheck. They also include Messi's 'miss' vs Bilbao on Sunday. I think Messi has a 100% record in shootouts too and he has a much much larger amount taken which makes his percentage the most reliable. IMO Messi is by far our best penalty taker.

You also mentioned that you were just talking about his conversion rate at Barca.. well 2/3 is not higher than Messi.

According to BarcaForum, he should be taking them because he looks more "confident" while taking them. At least that's what they told me when I brought up the statistics. (Around post #13765, pages 918-19 in this thread)

Last edited:

Alik

Suarez had few chances. I would be willing to give him more.

Otherwise, it should be Messi, and no one else.

But what is probably going to happen is that MSN keep on sharing them.

aaron101

Suarez 79%, Messi 78%, Neymar 77%, Rakitic 70%... I think those numbers are correct but would have to recheck. They also include Messi's 'miss' vs Bilbao on Sunday. I think Messi has a 100% record in shootouts too and he has a much much larger amount taken which makes his percentage the most reliable. IMO Messi is by far our best penalty taker.

You also mentioned that you were just talking about his conversion rate at Barca.. well 2/3 is not higher than Messi.

Not higher than Messi? Suarez has better conversion rate than Messi at Barca he only missed ONE penalty.

aaron101

I say, the penalty should be divided between MSN. No first choice taker. They should rotate the turns.

Last edited:

Messi983

I think first they should all go to Penaldo for instructions. :lol:

Seriously, I can't believe how they can score tons of goals from almost all positions but can't take penalties. Hopefully we won't have to rely on them in CL knockout phase.

Home of Barca Fans