Who should be the penalty taker?

Who should be the penalty taker?

• Total voters

MasChe

Considering how his otherwise godlike composure goes down the drain as soon as he's in front of the goal, I doubt that would be a good idea.
I don't know, I just trust the man, but sure, being trusted is not all it takes to be a penalty taker.

Trickykid

I don't know, I just trust the man, but sure, being trusted is not all it takes to be a penalty taker.

I know what you mean. I'd trust the Don to the end of the world and back again... Just not when it comes to putting the ball in the net.

B

beautifulgame

Messi Messi Messi.

And I didn't really like Raki's declarations about "being ready to take the pks if necessary", not cool at all.

Brb throwing u ladder so u can climb up out them feelings

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Considering how his otherwise godlike composure goes down the drain as soon as he's in front of the goal, I doubt that would be a good idea.

Are you serious? Iniesta rarely is in front of goal but I bet he has one of the best converting rates. He almost never misses a 1vs1 or a good shooting opportunity from the edge of the box.

Trickykid

Are you serious? Iniesta rarely is in front of goal but I bet he has one of the best converting rates. He almost never misses a 1vs1 or a good shooting opportunity from the edge of the box.

Dead serious. I have no idea which Iniesta you're watching, because he's nothing like what you describe. As calm and composed he is nearly anywhere on the field, he gets like a rabbit in the headlights when inside the area.

And seriously, don't you think there's a reason he so rarely attempts to get in good scoring positions himself? It's because everyone and his dog knows he's not a goal scorer. If he was as lethal as you seem to believe, we'd play more to his strengths in that regard.

I'd love to see stats for those otherworldly conversion rates, and I'll be happy to eat a healthy dish of crow, if you're right about it.

StarLord

Obviously Iniesta.

I am shocked that his name is not included in the poll. If he is not in play, then Rakitic.

Last edited:

BarcaOG

Banned
Voted Rakitic even though it will never happen. He's the type to do what needs doing quietly and effectively though.

iniesta_8

This season we were really bad at converting.. luckely most of the misses were not crucial. But still, we can't always afford to miss every other penalty!

23-Aug-15 away Athletic 0-1 31' Messi Miss
20-Sep-15 home Levante 4-1 61' Messi
20-Sep-15 home Levante 4-1 75' Messi Miss
26-Sep-15 home L Palmas 2-1 66' Neymar Miss
03-Oct-15 away Sevilla 2-1 74' Neymar
17-Oct-15 home Rayo 5-2 22' Neymar
17-Oct-15 home Rayo 5-2 32' Neymar
08-Nov-15 home Villarreal 3-0 70' Suárez, Luis
30-Dec-15 home Betis 4-0 29' Neymar Miss
17-Jan-16 home Athletic 6-0 7' Messi
14-Feb-16 home Celta 6-1 81' Messi (Genius Assist to Suarez;) )
17-Feb-16 away Sp.Gijon 1-3 62' Suárez, Luis Miss

Last edited:

Kerrybai

[youtube]_ueYA-yBG6I[/youtube]

Rakitic for me. He's no nonsense and it's hard to stop a ball that's bombed into the side net.

Messi just is too hit or miss for me from the spot. He's missed other PKs too when we honestly needed him to convert. It's the only real critism you can levy against him while he's been here but he's more than made up for it with the amount of golazos he scores.

That's what I love about them. When they miss, they work hard to create chances or score to make up for the miss. And if Neymar didn't try to be so cute about it all the time, I wouldn't mind seeing him take more.

Voted Rakitic even though it will never happen. He's the type to do what needs doing quietly and effectively though.

I've already been through this, Rakitic has only converted 14/20. Messi should clearly be number 1 as he has scored over 60 in his career. No other Barca players has such a large sample size.

Home of Barca Fans