N'Golo Kante

JerseyAddict

Somewhere someone mentioned Kante as "I would like him to be signed to us" and I mentioned "strange no one said him before". Something like that. Someone replyed to me "he is not so good/he would not fit/smartass reply". I am searching but can't remember the topic. If you have time search and find exact words. I don't care. This is not college so I have to remember exact words if someone asks me. Don't bother.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

I think most of the arguments was against signing him for Barca as bad fit and the fact he plays same position as Busquets. But he is one of the most rated players world wide by all fan bases

Falcao

Shocking today in the FA cup final. Can take blame for both goals conceded and ran around like a headless chicken with poor passing ability. The fact he has been voted the best player in the England says a lot about why the Premier League has lost its way in recent years.

clemente

Shocking today in the FA cup final. Can take blame for both goals conceded and ran around like a headless chicken with poor passing ability. The fact he has been voted the best player in the England says a lot about why the Premier League has lost its way in recent years.

He was much better couple months ago, ever since that France vs Spain game and that Busquets trick he has been underperforming, still probably the best Chelsea player this season.

BerkeleyBernie

He doesn't have good football intelligence and lacks technical ability. He's just everywhere; that's his skill. And while he's made an important contribution, so have many other players, with Hazard, Costa, Pedro, and Courtois having made key contributions to winning important games. Alonso is another massively important player who gets less credit.

Last edited:

Yannik

He was much better couple months ago, ever since that France vs Spain game and that Busquets trick he has been underperforming, still probably the best Chelsea player this season.

I think Hazard is actually. He is their best and most important player since years except for his off-form last season. Kante is an important piece in a working machinery, but I think Chelsea could have also won the league without him in their midfield.

Birdy

I thought to revive this thread just to express my regret we never, and we still are not seriously considering his case!

Kante is a phenomenal player, and given that with EV at helm we are moving towards a deep md of 2 (either in the current 4-4-2 or in the most likely scenario for the next 2-3 years a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being Cou-Messi-Dembele (left to right) and Griezman probably upfront) it's strange he is not even suggested by fans as possible partner of Busquets.

IMO, he is the perfect fit play next to Sergio, because he has all the skills Sergio lacks and at a world-class level. He can cover ground, can break counters, can intercept like makelele once, can pass as good as Rakitic does right now. He is a beast.
Given the fact that Veratti is unlikely to be let to leave PSG anytime in the near future, given that Liverpool secured Naby Keita before us, while Arthur and all other names listed are either unproven, big risks, or not that good to play for Barca, i would try to buy him from Chelsea. He is also only 26, has good 6-7 years of top tier football ahead
I know Chelsea will not be willing to let him go, especially under Conte, but if there is a manager change in the summer (likely), and maybe if the player's ambitions is to try one club greater than his current, then why not try to land him for 80-100m given the current inflation rates in football value (despite Chelsea buying him for only 31)??

Last edited:

Givenchy

I thought to revive this thread just to express my regret we never, and we still are not seriously considering his case!

Kante is a phenomenal player, and given that with EV at helm we are moving towards a deep md of 2 (either in the current 4-4-2 or in the most likely scenario for the next 2-3 years a 4-2-3-1 with the 3 being Cou-Messi-Dembele (left to right) and Griezman probably upfront) it's strange he is not even suggested by fans as possible partner of Busquets.

IMO, he is the perfect fit play next to Sergio, because he has all the skills Sergio lacks and at a world-class level. He can cover ground, can break counters, can intercept like makelele once, can pass as good as Rakitic does right now. He is a beast.
Given the fact that Veratti is unlikely to be let to leave PSG anytime in the near future, given that Liverpool secured Naby Keita before us, while Arthur and all other names listed are either unproven, big risks, or not that good to play for Barca, i would try to buy him from Chelsea. He is also only 26, has good 6-7 years of top tier football ahead
I know Chelsea will not be willing to let him go, especially under Conte, but if there is a manager change in the summer (likely), and maybe if the player's ambitions is to try one club greater than his current, then why not try to land him for 80-100m given the current inflation rates in football value (despite Chelsea buying him for only 31)??

Agree with you, suprised more teams weren't in for him when he became available.. i think we may have if Ernesto had been our manager back then

Behrox

Vice President of FC Barcelona

I have to disagree. Destroyers like Kante would not work for us cause for all his prowess in breaking up play, Kante lacks the technique required for the flow of our midfield. Rakitic might not be the best, but he his miles better technically than Kante. We've seen how Busi and Masche double pivot tended to implode and I still maintain prime Masche was one of the best conventional DMs I have ever seen

Birdy

I have to disagree. Destroyers like Kante would not work for us cause for all his prowess in breaking up play, Kante lacks the technique required for the flow of our midfield. Rakitic might not be the best, but he his miles better technically than Kante. We've seen how Busi and Masche double pivot tended to implode and I still maintain prime Masche was one of the best conventional DMs I have ever seen

The double-pivot with Busi and Masche was a bad idea because at the time we were still playing Pep-style 4-3-3, where the positional play was very important, and Busi's role was very important in itself, he had to be the man connecting all the triangles. It didn't make any sense to put anyone next to him.
We are not playing with triangles anymore, Pep is coaching City, and our coach is EV, who likes playing with 4-4-2/4-2-3-1, where Busi will always be alongside someone.
My argument is that Kante will fit the bill perfectly because apart from covering ground (transitions are very important for EV and Rakitic is slow as hell, next to Busi who is slow himself) his technical ability is quite underrated. He cannot play Busquet's passes, but i think he can definitely play all the passes Rakitic is playing right now.
In any case, if Veratti was available i would pick him, but he is not

Home of Barca Fans