N'Golo Kante

Devils

I swear there are a group of people targetting Barcelona's fans with transfer rumors. It's like a rollercoaster from Rabiot to Hazard, then from Willian to Kante. Few days we get so excited then we are depressed.

It makes sense George.

Chelsea don't have CL football and Sarri is very selective of the style of football he wants to play. If someone like Kante doesn't fit the bill, then we should be able to sign him.

impeh

Hi, its me..
im not sure a new managers first move selling Kante would go down to well with the Chelsea fans :lol:

i can see our board spending stupid money on Willian though :(

George_Costanza

It makes sense George.

Chelsea don't have CL football and Sarri is very selective of the style of football he wants to play. If someone like Kante doesn't fit the bill, then we should be able to sign him.

what if Sarri was a bust and get fired after 6 months or one season. Losing one of the best midfielders in the world is stupid from sport and business perspective.

Devils

what if Sarri was a bust and get fired after 6 months or one season. Losing one of the best midfielders in the world is stupid from sport and business perspective.

But there seems to be some serious talks of Kante leaving, even before this rumour, Paris United reported that PSG were in talks with Kante to sign him.

No idea, but it does seem like the guy might be available on the market.

mia7007

I am ok to buy Kante and close the market for this season
He is a monster in the midfield, the best defensive midfielder

soul24rage

I would like Kante over Rabiot and Hazard anyday.

------Kante----Busi
Dembele--Messi--Coutinho
---------Suarez

but I doubt we'll go for him.

FC433

I do not know I feel PSG is going to sell us Rabiot to finance Kante. It is going to be extremely disappointing.

150m for both Kante and Martial should be enough, that would make me happy. Instead of getting Rabiot we could secure FD Jong.

George_Costanza

Kante's agent is the pushing for his transfer to Barca or PSG, but I think Hazard is a more realistic target for around 120m since he has 2 years left on his contract. If he doesn't extend, Chelsea will lose a lot and will sell even lower next summer.

gregorrin10

Man, i would not like to get my hopes up, but it's hard to not drool over the possibility of seeing Kante cover the whole damn midfield and letting Messi focusing solely on attack. With Kante we could even afford to play 4-2-3-1, cause Kante would cover enough ground for 2 midfielders anyway, and we could then fit all four of Coutinho-Messi-Dembele and Suarez into the lineup for sure, and we know it's Valverde's favourite formation, so we might be playing that in any case sooner than later. But then again 4-3-3 would be pretty spectacular too, adding a powerhouse like Kante would totally rejuvenate our slow, lazy and aging midfield, exactly what we need. He would also relieve so much pressure on Busquets, and to have a creative gem like Arthur or sometimes Coutinho (if Suarez played in front with Messi and Dembele) alongside them in a 3-man midfield would be stupendously good. Now this is the kind of players we should be after (Kante, Eriksen, Hazard, Mbappe?), we are freaking Barca, not Arsenal or Inter, if we buy, we should only be looking at the elite group of players, so i'm gonna be really disappointed and gutted if it turns out that not Willian was a smokescreen for Kante, but that like Kante and Hazard are the actual smokescreen to blow our money on Willian and Rabiot, which is still much more likely with this Board. :lol: :facepalm:

I'm even willing to go this far and say if we somehow manage to get Kante AND include Gomes into the deal, i'm never criticizing this Board again, but it'll never happen, this Board has shown too many times they're perfectly happy with first trying for the big star, who we really need, and then getting a NO, and settling for his much more mediocre teammate, while still paying just 20 or 30M less that they would have to for the star, if they actually stick with buying him. So if it's a NO for Kante, who we could probably get for like 100M+Gomes, it's gonna be 80M for Willian. It's the same fear i have with Rabiot and Verratti, who we were chasing in recent years, with P$G.

Last edited:

Givenchy

I would honestly pay 150mil for Kante. the guy just keeps running and running and running, all over the place, hes like 2 fucking midfielders in 1. I had a few concerns with the technical side of his game (as opposed to a Barca style) but really like DonAK said in another thread, we need to move away from that Barca-DNA crap anyway.

Rabiot can stay at PSG, the guy is average and adds nothing to our slow, energy-sapped midfield

Home of Barca Fans