User Tag List

Page 13 of 24 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast

Thread: N'Golo Kanté

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Kante's agent is the pushing for his transfer to Barca or PSG, but I think Hazard is a more realistic target for around 120m since he has 2 years left on his contract. If he doesn't extend, Chelsea will lose a lot and will sell even lower next summer.
    I have a bad feeling that whenever a lesbian looks at me they think “That’s why I’m not a heterosexual”.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man, i would not like to get my hopes up, but it's hard to not drool over the possibility of seeing Kante cover the whole damn midfield and letting Messi focusing solely on attack. With Kante we could even afford to play 4-2-3-1, cause Kante would cover enough ground for 2 midfielders anyway, and we could then fit all four of Coutinho-Messi-Dembele and Suarez into the lineup for sure, and we know it's Valverde's favourite formation, so we might be playing that in any case sooner than later. But then again 4-3-3 would be pretty spectacular too, adding a powerhouse like Kante would totally rejuvenate our slow, lazy and aging midfield, exactly what we need. He would also relieve so much pressure on Busquets, and to have a creative gem like Arthur or sometimes Coutinho (if Suarez played in front with Messi and Dembele) alongside them in a 3-man midfield would be stupendously good. Now this is the kind of players we should be after (Kante, Eriksen, Hazard, Mbappe?), we are freaking Barca, not Arsenal or Inter, if we buy, we should only be looking at the elite group of players, so i'm gonna be really disappointed and gutted if it turns out that not Willian was a smokescreen for Kante, but that like Kante and Hazard are the actual smokescreen to blow our money on Willian and Rabiot, which is still much more likely with this Board.

I'm even willing to go this far and say if we somehow manage to get Kante AND include Gomes into the deal, i'm never criticizing this Board again, but it'll never happen, this Board has shown too many times they're perfectly happy with first trying for the big star, who we really need, and then getting a NO, and settling for his much more mediocre teammate, while still paying just 20 or 30M less that they would have to for the star, if they actually stick with buying him. So if it's a NO for Kante, who we could probably get for like 100M+Gomes, it's gonna be 80M for Willian. It's the same fear i have with Rabiot and Verratti, who we were chasing in recent years, with P$G.
    Last edited by gregorrin10; 13th July 2018 at 05:35 AM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gasgas View Post
    true.

in b4 tikitaka merchants bash your previous comments
    I don't understand how fans of a club can completely disrespect the IDENTITY of their club's football. Unbelievable.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would honestly pay 150mil for Kante. the guy just keeps running and running and running, all over the place, hes like 2 fucking midfielders in 1. I had a few concerns with the technical side of his game (as opposed to a Barca style) but really like DonAK said in another thread, we need to move away from that Barca-DNA crap anyway.

Rabiot can stay at PSG, the guy is average and adds nothing to our slow, energy-sapped midfield

Nosce te ipsum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Any chance our interest in Kante is a tactic to corner psg to sell us Rabiot at a fair price?

The Pale One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Man I've been sleeping on kante, i knew he was good but damn you guys make it sound like... well like he's two player in one. Is he really that good?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by putogusiluz8 View Post
    Man I've been sleeping on kante, i knew he was good but damn you guys make it sound like... well like he's two player in one. Is he really that good?
    cant remember which forum I saw it on but in one of the France games his heatmap was literally all over the pitch

The Pale One
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Givenchy View Post
    cant remember which forum I saw it on but in one of the France games his heatmap was literally all over the pitch
    He's got quite the engine huh

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm doubtful this is true but if it were and we'd land Kante, I'd be ecstatic.

Money shouldn't be a problem if we were ready to spend 100m on Girezmann. Lenglet and Arthur will be covered by Paulinho + fodder money and we'd have the 100 still available, theoretically, maybe even more with more deadwood out the door.

It would give us so much flexibility in midfield. We could play 4 4 2, we could play 4 2 3 1 and even the 4 3 3 without much worries for the defensive side. Not to mention the depth in quality would be huge. Hell, with the amount of midfielders we could also try 4 3 1 2 in some of the matches for more solidity.

Something like: back four - Kante Busi Rakitic/Arthur - Cout - Messi Suarez. It's a narrow formation though and we'd need the fullbacks to do a great job of stretching the pitch. In any case, it can be done.
    Last edited by Sorin; 13th July 2018 at 06:07 AM.

Nosce te ipsum
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The cherry on top would be including in the deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes please! He's so good. Would be a good deal as we get rid of Gomes by then.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I agree that Willian is a smokescreen. As is Hazard.

Kante-Busquets-Rakitic
    Coutinho
    Messi Suarez

would finally boss in UCL QF away leg. No more brainfarts.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just a smokescreen for our true target.

Welcome back home :cesc:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post

Yes. The prodigal son returns, part 2. And the best thing about that transfer would be, we would choose Cesc again instead of Thiago.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Messi983 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Catta View Post
    Yes. The prodigal son returns, part 2. And the best thing about that transfer would be, we would choose Cesc again instead of Thiago.