Unbeaten streak record broken - 39.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
With a 1-1 draw at Mestalla in return leg of Copa semis, Luis Enrique's team have now set the new club record. Barca are now unbeaten for 29 consecutive matches.

xo2i5z.jpg

FC Barcelona have now broke the record it shared with Pep Guardiola's 2011 team, despite playing without nearly all of its regular starters at Mestalla Stadium in Valencia, including Lionel Messi, Luis Suarez, and Neymar.

39!

:barcaflag:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
"This record gets Zidane closer to the Marca trophy for best manager 2015/2016!" :rofl1:

I love internet comments !

SirXavi

The Engineer
I was reading an article on SPORT. The author Lluis Mascaro was tearing the team a new asshole for playing like absolute shit, and saying that these subs are not even worth being subs. First off I agree that every game will be analyzed regardless of who is on the pitch. Having said that, some of these guys rarely play. When they do I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be pretty. The ones like Rakitic who usually do play, are used to playing alongside the regular 11. So I don't really know what this Lluis Mascaro guy was expecting. All in all I was pleasantly surprised with how the game turned out. They managed to grind and keep the unbeaten streak alive. I feel that seeing these guys playing with a 7-0 aggregate lead was worth it, because most of the normal 11 got vital rest.

raskolnikov

I was reading an article on SPORT. The author Lluis Mascaro was tearing the team a new asshole for playing like absolute shit, and saying that these subs are not even worth being subs. First off I agree that every game will be analyzed regardless of who is on the pitch. Having said that, some of these guys rarely play. When they do I'm pretty sure that it's not gonna be pretty. The ones like Rakitic who usually do play, are used to playing alongside the regular 11. So I don't really know what this Lluis Mascaro guy was expecting. All in all I was pleasantly surprised with how the game turned out. They managed to grind and keep the unbeaten streak alive. I feel that seeing these guys playing with a 7-0 aggregate lead was worth it, because most of the normal 11 got vital rest.
I dont get how bitter a person must be to slate a team like that in this situation. It was a game for formality, who cares.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He has a point as Barca B should be better than Valencia B. Adriano is just taking up place, Munir and Sandro continue to frustrate, etc.. There wasn't a youngster on the pitch before 75th minute to be excited about. Except Samper, who isn't very exciting last year or so.

Still, for the time being I am just happy with the record and for Kaptoum and Camara.
There'll be time for whining later :)

SirXavi

The Engineer
He has a point as Barca B should be better than Valencia B. Adriano is just taking up place, Munir and Sandro continue to frustrate, etc.. There wasn't a youngster on the pitch before 75th minute to be excited about. Except Samper, who isn't very exciting last year or so.

Still, for the time being I am just happy with the record and for Kaptoum and Camara.
There'll be time for whining later :)

I guess the way the article was written made me feel like it was more of a rant. In Spain many "journalists" are just blind. Lluis Mascaro is one like that. The guy appears on "El Chiringuito" with all those Madrid guys and he's just as annoying as them.

Last edited:

xXKonan

I wouldn't grill the team today as Lucho did a Formation Experiment again this time instead of a 4-2-3-1 he played a 3-5-2. Which I find pretty neat as Lucho is brain storming idea's on Alternate formations for the future.

His Roberto-Samper Double pivot worked pretty well although Samper didn't have a out sanding match and did make several mistakes towards the end of the match but Roberto thrived pretty well in it as he Dictated play, and Controlled the tempo of the match and Distributed the ball good.

Home of Barca Fans