Unbeaten streak record broken - 39.

Messi983

I wouldn't grill the team today as Lucho did a Formation Experiment again this time instead of a 4-2-3-1 he played a 3-5-2. Which I find pretty neat as Lucho is brain storming idea's on Alternate formations for the future.

I like that Lucho is experimenting in that kind of "unimportant" matches as well. Every good/great coach needs to have tactical flexibility. As a relatively young coach Lucho is still learning new things every day, but so far he's shown far more tactical knowledge than I expected when we hired him. I was supporting him from first day and even after that Anoeta fiasco, but I didn't even dream about him being more successfull than Pep in his first 100 official matches. So congrats to Lucho, his staff and of course the team. Unbeaten run won't last forever, but let's continue like this.

At first I was a bit surprised to see that formation on the field yesterday, but it was probably the best for the team we had available. I doubt that 3-5-2 is a good alternative formation when all of our first team starters are available though.

Darko

if i'm not mistaken, the 58 games unbeaten streak was Serie A only. it's very tough to remain unbeaten in europe.

Yeah, I meant overall, the top 5 league records are in the Armenian, Moldovian, Scottish, Estonian and Romanian league because of the lack of competition, so it's not really that impressive (although Steau were a great team, beating us in the 1985/86 CL final).
I believe Real have a pretty good unbeaten streak, maybe Bayern also, and United in 99?
It's really hard to find it online since it's all the same copy/paste article about Steau.

Edit: Found an article from 2014, unfortunately only for English teams, United with 33 game in all competitions. So I guess we're pretty close! :barcascarf:

Last edited:

Frenchy10

Fantastic record, I saw some stats the other day regarding the first 100 games of Enrique and Guardiola which show that Enrique is statistically doing better than Guardiola. The stats are certainly showing just how good Lucho has done since he took control of the club. Long may the unbeaten run continue!

vlad

now is the question, where will barca slip? against gijon away? las palmas away? arsenal away? or sevilla on camp nou? all these matches in 2 weeks.

StarLord

Arsenal away is where our undefeated streak and CL aspirations can go down the drain.

That will be a make or break game. Win it, and both the streak and and the back-to-back Treble are all on. Lose, and we will be majorly disappointed.

Now really, when was the last time we played one game a week?

we could have scored 15 goals in our last two cl away games vs arsenal.

Don't think we'll be that unlucky again. Not with this front three.

Jaguar

Flair Trait
If we're at our best or even close to it we'll be way too much for Arsenal, I think the only way they take a win to Camp Nou is if we play a mediocre game. Yeah there's a lot of games but if we play the way we know we can this season I see us getting a comfortable win like we did last season away from home against City and PSG.

frog-fcb

Why do people here keep overhyping arsenal on here. For me last years man city was a better team and a bigger threat to us and look what happened there also we have improved from last season also. And if that doesn't convince you just close your eyes a second and just imagine MSN against mertesacker

KyletheMuslim

Guardiolista
Why do people here keep overhyping arsenal on here. For me last years man city was a better team and a bigger threat to us and look what happened there also we have improved from last season also. And if that doesn't convince you just close your eyes a second and just imagine MSN against mertesacker

And Ozil returning to Busquets' pocket :cool:

Horatio

You're welcome
This has been a great season so far. It contained a lot of games that felt exibitional and memorable and must have been a treat to all the supporters.

What were the games this season that really stood out in a positive way?

I count:
Celta - Barca (the payback)
Real Madrid - Barcelona (trashing at Bernabeu with Pep Guardiola styled Barca)
Barcelona - Roma (you had your fun in Roma but we trash you here now that Messi is also back)
Barca - Real Sociedad(the game where Suarez and Neymar were blatantly looking for Messi to score and succeeded)

Also that game where Neymar scored after doing a sombrero and assist from Suarez. That was the game that confirmed that those two could well perform without Messi.

Home of Barca Fans