Enrique equals Guardiola’s 28-match unbeaten run

footyfan

Calma, calma
To be fair, Pep team's record ended only because they won 5-0 in the first leg against Betis in the Copa del Rey and loosened up in the second leg. So a very similar situation to Lucho's team. Excluding that dead rubber defeat, the 2010/11 team's next loss was at the Emirates, making it a 34 game unbeaten streak. Would be interesting to see if Arsenal break 2015/16 team's streak too.

All competitions included?

Edit: just checked, and rm biggest streak, in all competitions, is 22 matches.

That's winning streak, not unbeaten streak.

More like your research was poor. Amirite? :lol:

Nope, he's right. You can look it up - 18 games in La Liga, 5 games in Champions League and 8 games in Copa del Rey.

The unbeaten streak was from 30 Oct 2013 to 15 Mar 2014. Interestingly, the losing game preceding the streak was the 2-1 Clasico loss at the Camp Nou and the game ending the streak was the 4-3 Clasico loss at the Bernabeu.

NotInHere

Thank god barcelona won the cl without guardiola could you imagine the amount of people that would say "barca can't win without guardiola!" If they hadn't?

I

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Doesn't matter. Douglas, Adriano and Munir will shine at Mestalla and keep the run going.

raskolnikov

I think Villarreal might beat us. Cant imagine clueless Gary and his clown beating our c team but you never know.

F

Flavia

Nope, he's right. You can look it up - 18 games in La Liga, 5 games in Champions League and 8 games in Copa del Rey.

The unbeaten streak was from 30 Oct 2013 to 15 Mar 2014. Interestingly, the losing game preceding the streak was the 2-1 Clasico loss at the Camp Nou and the game ending the streak was the 4-3 Clasico loss at the Bernabeu.
Do you have a source? All I can find are about a 26 matches unbeaten streak, nothing about that.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Thank god barcelona won the cl without guardiola could you imagine the amount of people that would say "barca can't win without guardiola!" If they hadn't?

Lucho will bring us more UCL trophies than Pep, mark my words :)

NotInHere

We won it without him 3 times....
I know, but since many people say we played the best football under him (I agree) you would think it would have been much harder to win the cl again. It was more about what Xavi, Messi, Busquets and iniesta did than what what guardiola did in my opinion

NotInHere

Lucho will bring us more UCL trophies than Pep, mark my words :)
yeah we definitely have a chance this year, even though no one has won the cl 2 times in a row these set of players, neymar, messi, busquets, iniesta, and suarez are certainly capable of achieving it.

Alik

Do you have a source? All I can find are about a 26 matches unbeaten streak, nothing about that.

There's also this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Real_Madrid_C.F._records_and_statistics

Although it doesn't specify the sources/matches, so it could be wrong, but it could help with digging deeper.

Longest unbeaten run (all major competitions): 34 matches (1988–89 season).
Longest unbeaten run (League): 31 matches (from day 36 1987–88 season, to day 28 1988–89 season)

Home of Barca Fans