Enrique equals Guardiola’s 28-match unbeaten run

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
With 2-0 win over Levante, Luis Enrique's Barca have now gone 28 games unbeaten in all competitions, matching the all-time record for Spanish football set by Pep Guardiola’s amazing team of 2010/11.

k3lis0.jpg

FC Barcelona are now unbeaten since the 2-1 defeat at Sevilla on October 3. Lucho's team have since put together 23 wins and five draws to move top of the league with a game in hand, into the last sixteen of the Champions League and are also practically through to the Copa del Rey Final after a 7-0 win in the first leg.

The 127-day run has included the magnificent 4-0 win at the Santiago Bernabéu and victory in the Club World Cup in Japan. The few setbacks have been the 0-0 draw with Espanyol to start the year, but the response to that has been a run of ten wins on the trot, including a vital 2-1 defeat of Atlético to leave the Blaugrana comfortably clear at the top of the Liga table.

Now that the record has been equalled, Barça are now aiming to set a new all-time best when they return to Valencia on Wednesday, this time to Mestalla in the cup.

serghei

It's gonna be though to remain unbeaten. Valencia will nick a somewhat narrow win probably in that dead rubber on Mestalla.

MasChe

With 2-0 win over Levante, Luis Enrique's Barca have now gone 28 games unbeaten in all competitions, matching the all-time record for Spanish football set by Pep Guardiola’s amazing team of 2010/11.

that one slipped

FC B

Hard to believe they'll beat the record since Lucho will surely use a lot of reserve players on Mestalla.

El Flaco

It's gonna be though to remain unbeaten. Valencia will nick a somewhat narrow win probably in that dead rubber on Mestalla.

As long as Valencia have Neville, I think there's a chance for Lucho to surpass Guardiola and become No.1

-----

I've seen people in some places starting to discredit Lucho's fantastic work by saying "Luis Enrique just riding on MSN", "he's a overrated'" and so on.

I guess Lucho is the new Pep by them :lol:

Last edited:

Xtroverto

This is really poorly researched since Real Madrid went 31 straight without losing in 2013-14. That is not even 2 season ago.

vlad

As long as Valencia have Neville, I think there's a chance for Lucho to surpass Guardiola and become No.1

-----

I've seen people in some places starting to discredit Lucho's fantastic work by saying "Luis Enrique just riding on MSN", "he's a overrated'" and so on.

I guess Lucho is the new Pep by them :lol:

haha yeah, quite often you can read that, discrediting lucho´s work, and poor pep played with henry - eto´o - messi and had best midfield ever :D

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
I think we will lose to Valencia, but it is kind of cool that he will be tied with Pep so we can forever remember these two legends together

F

Flavia

This is really poorly researched since Real Madrid went 31 straight without losing in 2013-14. That is not even 2 season ago.

All competitions included?

Edit: just checked, and rm biggest streak, in all competitions, is 22 matches.

Home of Barca Fans