Barca shirt sponsorship

LeeRomeno

I guess if alot of you do not know Rakuten, they have been very smart in using Barca as their marketing channel :) But it is basically japanese version of Amazon.

khaled_a_d

Yeah,googling them they seem very big company indeed but not known globally.
Makes sense they would be tempted to sponsor a club like Barca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Was also hoping for 60-65. In few years this won't look like much.

But, yes, it is a substantial increase and we are getting rid of Qatar.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
So we are at 55m, followed by Manchester United at 54m and then Bayern at 50m and Chelsea at 43m I believe.

Real Madrid currently is paid 30m I think by Emirates Airlines and their deal will expire in 2018, they will probably up it to 60m plus.

Icarium

Lifestealer
It is 4 seasons. So the amount is good enough i believe. We can get another sponsor after the expiry of the contract. I am suprised so many people dont know about Rakuten.

JerseyAddict

If I found truetfull data they payed 900m$ for Viber? That sounds solid moneyflow...

Just hoping they make some good design with the logo on the jersey. It looks strange... thst Quatar was there to long.

raki

I've never heard of Rakuten before but I would much rather be associated with the Japanese than the Qataris.

That´s why they are willing to pay the big bucks. Alibaba does not need advertising. Rakuten will world known because of this deal.

raki

Was also hoping for 60-65. In few years this won't look like much.

But, yes, it is a substantial increase and we are getting rid of Qatar.

This contract is for 4 years. Good for us. In 2020 we can make a new deal.

raki

So we are at 55m, followed by Manchester United at 54m and then Bayern at 50m and Chelsea at 43m I believe.

Real Madrid currently is paid 30m I think by Emirates Airlines and their deal will expire in 2018, they will probably up it to 60m plus.

Is it 30 for scumadrid? I read 20M pounds, about 23M euros. 2014/2018

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Is it 30 for scumadrid? I read 20M pounds, about 23M euros. 2014/2018

I am hearing 30m, but you could be right. Either way I think Real Madrid will definitely seek to up theirs to our level, the question is whether Emirates Airlines will be able to afford that much money since they sponsor one major/elite team in each of the top 6 European leagues.

raki

I am hearing 30m, but you could be right. Either way I think Real Madrid will definitely seek to up theirs to our level, the question is whether Emirates Airlines will be able to afford that much money since they sponsor one major/elite team in each of the top 6 European leagues.

True. They will get a great deal also. Their brand is also very big. And also a big Adidas deal.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I am seeing some of the Vissel Kobe (a J-league team that Rakuten owns) jerseys and they look awful with the big Rakuten R logo in the middle of a Japanese meatball design. I hope they will ditch that silly design and stick to a plain and simple "Rakuten" for our jerseys.

87.jpg

15vissel.jpg

8aecb0f949d34b7380e7c8661c228bdf_th.jpg

Vilarrubi

I am seeing some of the Vissel Kobe (a J-league team that Rakuten owns) jerseys and they look awful with the big Rakuten R logo in the middle of a Japanese meatball design. I hope they will ditch that silly design and stick to a plain and simple "Rakuten" for our jerseys.

87.jpg

15vissel.jpg

8aecb0f949d34b7380e7c8661c228bdf_th.jpg

The shirt in general is Asics and horrible.

I think a plain R logo or the Rakuten would look fine on ours.. I'm sure someone with Photoshop will get one uploaded soon.

Home of Barca Fans