Lliga | Round 23: Levante - FC Barcelona 0-2

Trickykid

Easy, Alik.

Age will not fool you, you can't do anything about it. There is no denying that Dani and Masch are slowly going downhill, which is completely different from Pique being on and off form.

It just seems so knee-jerk. Dani was the best rb in the world last season, and despite him being hot and cold this season, shouldn't be judged solely on yesterday's horror show. Of course he's going downhill, that's inevitable, but let's not make it worse than it is.

And Masch? He was good (again) yesterday. I really don't see why you're suddenly trying to retire him too.

F

Flavia

Easy, Alik.

Age will not fool you, you can't do anything about it. There is no denying that Dani and Masch are slowly going downhill, which is completely different from Pique being on and off form.

Piqué is 29, Masch is 31. Not that huge age difference. And Masch played better than Piqué vs Levante.

serghei

Come on, they're just world class players that are slacking off a bit when they meet teams they think about as inferior.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
It just seems so knee-jerk. Dani was the best rb in the world last season, and despite him being hot and cold this season, shouldn't be judged solely on yesterday's horror show. Of course he's going downhill, that's inevitable, but let's not make it worse than it is.

And Masch? He was good (again) yesterday. I really don't see why you're suddenly trying to retire him too.

Not knee-jerk, just my observation after watching him play this season. Offensively he is still spouting moments of greatness like I said that he and Messi are really on the same wave length, but defensively he is just rendered ineffective to say the least. That's why Rakitic has to cover for him constantly. I think yesterday's game was a culmination of what Dani's defensive game as become. And that was only the "lowly" Levante side gentlemen.

As to Masch, he might have done OK yesterday but he has had more bad games than good games in my opinion. Not his fault but he will be 32 in four months.

Don't get me wrong, I love Dani and Masch, I was just pointing out that we need to think about replacements/alternatives.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
You do realize we conceded least goals in La Liga? What exactly are you trying to fix?

And where do you find a player of Masch qualities and that's available?

serghei

As long as the mediocre games come against the likes of Levante, and the great games come against Real, Atletico, Bayern, it's fine with me.

F

Flavia

Some cules are really spoiled, that's the truth. The amount of games played, tiredness, nothing is taken into consideration.

[tw]696394178066952192[/tw]

KingLeo10

Some cules are really spoiled, that's the truth. The amount of games played, tiredness, nothing is taken into consideration.

[tw]696394178066952192[/tw]

this, plus about 30 of these games were played with a limited squad (in terms of numbers). and this is not taking into consideration the prior season where we played 60 games (the highest in europe if i'm not mistaken) and then there was the copa america debacle over the summer for many in our squad.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
If you guys think we are great have nothing to worry about, that's fine. I hope we are too. Let's just agree to disagree then.

We all want the best for our team, some of us look at things from different perspectives and angles, that's all.

F

Flavia

If you guys think we are great have nothing to worry about, that's fine. I hope we are too. Let's just agree to disagree then.

We all want the best for our team, some of us look at things from different perspectives and angles, that's all.

There's always something to worry about. But when the players are fresh, a display like the 7-0 vc Valencia happens. But games at 12h ans 16h rae ones where the team struggle, Enrique needs to make them adapt to that. But this struggle in some games happens since forever, isn't new. Just look at rm. Playing a lot less, and struggled to beat granada yesterday. But I really didn't undertsnad you singling out Masch, when he was one of the best performers vs Levante.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi

Sometimes I worry too, then I watch real madrid play and everything feels better :)

Darko

Sometimes I worry too, then I watch real madrid play and everything feels better :)

This.
Yeah, sure, the players need to stay focused and take one game at a time, but come on, there's practically no chance we don't win La Liga. We almost won it with Tata freaking Martino. Yeah, there are more competitive teams now, with Sevilla, Villarreal and Celta being very good, but if anything that should benefit Barca even more, because we are going to win more games against them than Atletico or Real. At the start of the season everybody was saying if we were on top after the first half of the season we would win it, what has changed guys?

We have more quality, more depth, we have a winning mentality, we are not rebuilding like Real under Zidane, we have more tactical flexibility than Atletico and most importantly we have more consistency (28 games unbeaten!!!).
I'm all for being humble and all that, but saying we won't win it is just being dishonest.

Home of Barca Fans