Borja Mayoral

CuleLife4Life

Might not be the best move for a kid that just turned 19 to go to a team that expects Champions League football every season now.

Trickykid

Well, Carvajal (who was older, AFAIK) worked out brilliantly at Leverkusen, but I completely agree, it seems an odd move to me. First of all, he really didn't impress when called upon for the 1st team, and secondly, if he doesn't impress here, why would Wolfsburg go out of their way to develop the kid? The incentives just aren't there.

Morten

Well, with Morata back, Mayoral would be hard pressed to get any playtime this season. Loan is probably the best thing to do.

Trickykid

Well, with Morata back, Mayoral would be hard pressed to get any playtime this season. Loan is probably the best thing to do.

Do you think he'll make it at a German top club, though? In my head it makes so much more sense with a weaker club, that would guarantee him minutes.

Morten

Do you think he'll make it at a German top club, though? In my head it makes so much more sense with a weaker club, that would guarantee him minutes.

I hope not, or else Bayern will come looking. Oh, right, he is only on loan, nevermind.
Personally i have no idea, i dont follow German football at all, really.

Trickykid

He hasn't even made it to the bench in the Bundesliga so far.
I still have no idea why RM would send him to a club like Wolfsburg.

xavisionary

He's having a great season with Roma.

One of those players I want to succeed, for reasons I cannot explain.

Helps when he's scoring goals like this

Home of Barca Fans