Yannick Ferreira Carrasco

aaron101

I never understood why he didn't start. He was really the one I've always expected to cause them trouble. Cholo made the biggest mistake of letting Torres stay on the pitch the whole game and not starting this awesome guy. Correa could also be better. Correa is also great at dribbling past defenders.

gasgas

I never understood why he didn't start. He was really the one I've always expected to cause them trouble. Cholo made the biggest mistake of letting Torres stay on the pitch the whole game and not starting this awesome guy. Correa could also be better. Correa is also great at dribbling past defenders.

Why would you expect him to start?
Atleti always play with a 9
Torres has been very good this season too

Pablo Escobar

Simply a B-Plan for a team who looks to score and/or then defend their advantage, in which case he still would be great for counters with that speed though, but they will lack material for their 4 players x 2 defending lines when ahead.
Has done it in Munich too at HT, sounds a bit too simplistic but it worked in the end.

Torres seems effective as long as Antoine is, else he's a ghost on the field and playing with a 9 seemed more like "in 9".

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
What do everyone think about the Carrasco for 40m rumors?

He'd be a quality addition, but I can see him getting tired and asking for a move pretty quickly unless Lucho rotates A LOT or goes with a 3-4-3 in several games.

[formation=barca,8]
tS/Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Masche-0-0-Pique-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
Roberto/Raki-0-0-0-0-0-Alba/Iniesta
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
Carrasco-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Would require the front three and Roberto/Raki and Alba/Iniesta to help out effectively in defence.

Trickykid

What do everyone think about the Carrasco for 40m rumors?

He'd be a quality addition, but I can see him getting tired and asking for a move pretty quickly unless Lucho rotates A LOT or goes with a 3-4-3 in several games.

[formation=barca,6]
tS/Bravo
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
Masche-0-0-Pique-0-0-Umtiti
0-0-0-Busquets-0-0-0
Roberto/Raki-0-0-0-0-0-Alba
0-0-0-Messi-0-0-0
Carrasco-0-0-Suarez-0-0-Neymar
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
[/formation]

Said it a few times before, but I'd pay 40m for him in a heartbeat. His lack of cutting edge finishing worries me, but he has so much quality that makes up for it, and he'd probably learn to be more of a goal scorer here anyhow.
Can cover all 3 positions in attack, so he should see plenty minutes.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He is my favorite atleti player. But he is not a scorer. But when in need he could be subbed for one of the midfielders and he would do wonders. He can not play as a 9 though. And we already have Denis to cover wings. So my final call would be no.

Home of Barca Fans