xXKonan

Borja López Menéndez

CaRXXmQWAAAVxtE.jpg

Date of birth:February 2,1994

Place of birth:Gijón, Spain

Height:1.92 m (6 ft 4 in)

Position:Centre Back

Current Club:Barcelona B.

Borja Lopez is Gijón born central defender. He started his playing career through Sporting's youth system. López made his first-team debut on 1 November 2012, featuring the full 90 minutes in a 1–0 home win against CA Osasuna for the campaign's Copa del Rey. He made his second level debut on the 16th, again starting but in a 2–3 home loss to SD Ponferradina.

Despite being Promoted to the First team he later signed a Four year deal with Monaco and was Loaned out to various teams like Rayo Vallecano,Deportivo and F.C. Arouca. He left Monaco on a Free transfer to Barcelona B.

He's a Left footed CB and He's Technically great with the ball on his feet.

xXKonan

I think he will do a great job for the B team. I read several comments from Sporting fans and others he has a lot of potential but he made a mistake in Joining Monaco to early and it didn't benefit him due to the lack of playing time.

With him joining the team he will likely get the game time he needs and maybe impress.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I think he will do a great job for the B team. I read several comments from Sporting fans and others he has a lot of potential but he made a mistake in Joining Monaco to early and it didn't benefit him due to the lack of playing time.

With him joining the team he will likely get the game time he needs and maybe impress.

So he will be 22 on Tuesday, do you think he has the potential to play for the first team one day?

xXKonan

So he will be 22 on Tuesday, do you think he has the potential to play for the first team one day?
Who knows but if he does impresses he could. one of the things I've read is he's really good with the ball on his feet which would help build attacks from the back. And add the fact he's a giant 6'4 he's easily the tallest Defender on the Barcelona B team and the second tallest on the team over all (Ezkieta has him beat by 1/2 inches).

Gerard Lopez wanted a proper LCB that can Partner up with Tarín, and one that can help build up attacks from the back and is generally good with the Ball. and not only that our other CB options aren't really that great.

At the moment we are playing Gumbau, as our Makeshift LCB and it seems like Lopez doesn't see Robert Costa and Juste as more than Squad filler. Tarin will finally have an actual LCB Partner and not a Makeshift one in Gumbau.

With Borja Lopez being from Gijon, Wouldn't surprise me if Lucho watches him closely and if he impresses I could see Lucho playing him in some games down the road.

Home of Barca Fans