Are you worried about FCB's sheer number of games this season?

StarLord

As our beloved FCB is still fighting on all fronts, and also had to play an extra 5 Supercup games of all types (thanks to last season's epic Treble) the sheer number of games we have to deal with becomes a significant factor. It could even possibly be argued that this sheer number of games we have to play and also have already played is our number one opponent during the unfolding season.

Selected number of games for some of Europe's top clubs during the current season:

Barca: 37

Another 7 before we meet Arsenal for the CL. 44 games before the first CL KO match.

Bayern: 28

Real Madrid: 28

Atletico Madrid: 33

Juventus: 31

PSG: 34

Arsenal: 33

Manchester City: 35

Chelsea: 33

So? What do you think?

Alik

It was a problem at the beginning of the season and with the transfer ban. Now I am not worried.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am worried but Lucho just said that he thinks the team is in good shape (like they were last season).

frog-fcb

As long as he manages to keep making a few rotations to keep majority of the squad in good shape it should be ok

khaled_a_d

I am worried that it would cause injuries and fatigue specially to the older players like Mascherano and Iniesta when they are needed .
We have been playing 2 games per week for most of the season .that is just way too much
Probably our biggest rival this season is the crowded schedule not any other team

PhilS

Barca always plays a lot of games, and their most important players have heavy national team duties, too. Barca training is designed for this workload. The coaches seem to xo a really good job restting players when they need it.

Neymessi

Timing is the key.Had we such a schedule before arda and vidal came in then it would be really hectic but now with such a strong depth we can easily rotate and rest and cope up with the tough schedule.

Home of Barca Fans