Failed wonderkids

khaled_a_d

Most of those didn't really fail ,just didn't live up to the insane expectations or wasn't able to continue playing at high level for long time

Diogo28

Fabio Paim was suposed to be even better than ROnaldo, he said it himself. But, being 16 and stupid, driving expensive car without even having a license for being to young etc made him a waste.

Windhook

Valeri Bojinov - one of the most hyped teenagers around 2004, transferred to Man City in 2007 alongside Martin Petrov (the club itself while still in Thai ownership). Bojinov got injured badly early on in the season, managed to recover fully. But at this point his low IQ got him into skirt chasing, pop-folk singers and whores. His big football career ended at 25 at Sporting Lisbon after this penalty:

Ignoring coach orders he decided to take the key last minute penalty himself. Failed miserably and never ever played a single game for Sporting. From then on turned into a journeyman - stints in Serie B, Partizan Belgrade, China and ended up in Bulgarian league, where he is more famous for his "brilliant" comments that are meme worthy. "If the kid wasn't my daughter, I would have married her!" and such.

Knowing 20 years ago Bojinov was scoring some wondergoals on Juventus, AC Milan and Inter during the prime years of Serie A...:rolleyes:

Another name that comes to mind is Perica Ognjenovic. From Real Madrid straight to obscurity.

Last edited:

Horatio

You're welcome
Valeri Bojinov - one of the most hyped teenagers around 2004, transferred to Man City in 2007 alongside Martin Petrov (the club itself while still in Thai ownership). Bojinov got injured badly early on in the season, managed to recover fully. But at this point his low IQ got him into skirt chasing, pop-folk singers and whores. His big football career ended at 25 at Sporting Lisbon after this penalty:

Ignoring coach orders he decided to take the key last minute penalty himself. Failed miserably and never ever played a single game for Sporting. From then on turned into a journeyman - stints in Serie B, Partizan Belgrade, China and ended up in Bulgarian league, where he is more famous for his "brilliant" comments that are meme worthy. "If the kid wasn't my daughter, I would have married her!" and such.

Knowing 20 years ago Bojinov was scoring some wondergoals on Juventus, AC Milan and Inter during the prime years of Serie A...:rolleyes:

Another name that comes to mind is Perica Ognjenovic. From Real Madrid straight to obscurity.

You know what's cool. The one winning the penalty is our very own legend Jeffren.

Home of Barca Fans