Barca draws Valencia in Copa semis

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Draw for Spanish Cup semi-final has just been made.

FC Barcelona will play the first leg of the Copa semi-finals, at home against Valencia, on Wednesday 3 February at 21:00

Semi-Final:

Barca - Valencia
Sevilla - Celta

raskolnikov

Perfect draw, Neville's out of form Valencia in our very busy schedule. Over two games they should not pose a serious threat and a final vs Sevilal/Celta is very winnable as well of course.

khaled_a_d

Can't say good or bad draw tbh ,all teams were as danger as the other .
No team that we aren't clear favorites ,but non granted and all 3 are very good home teams .

serghei

We have a very important chance of making a big step towards a domestic double in the following 5 days. We should take it.

Expect the fans on Camp Nou to turn up the heat for the opponents. Make that big game atmosphere.

I believe that if we play like we can on Camp Nou with a 90.000 crowd behind us, no team would be able to escape without being beaten.

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Need to kill the 1st game at home. Can't go to Mestalla needing to win.

[tw]693042577734369281[/tw]

pacp_96

Chief Of Footballing Matters
Neville's Valencia look very beatable so its a decent draw. Then again we should comfortably win against any of the 3 teams that are still in the competition without too much difficulty.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I am happy with the draw. Valencia is the worst of the 3 teams and Celta and Sevilla already beat us this season.

Sorin

Good draw overall but Valencia at Mestalla, despite the poor form, has always given us hell. No further than the last match played there. Granted we've thrown 2 points out the window with the misses and complacency, but still.

StarLord

I am happy with the draw. Valencia is the worst of the 3 teams and Celta and Sevilla already beat us this season.

Correct.

But I expect us to avenge both Celta and Sevilla in the upcoming league games and also beat the one that makes it to the final.

We have a very important chance of making a big step towards a domestic double in the following 5 days. We should take it.

Absolutely true. Now is the time to put the hammer down.

Last edited:

StarLord

Need to kill the 1st game at home. Can't go to Mestalla needing to win.

[tw]693042577734369281[/tw]

That is mistaken. The last time we met Valencia in the CDR semis was during the season 11/12 and Barca came out on top. 1-1 at Mestalla and 2-0 victors at the Camp Nou.

Valencia eliminated us at the semi-final stage in 07/08 season.

Home of Barca Fans