Mikel Merino

NeyMesSis

Mikel Merino Zazón (born 22 June 1996) is a Spanish professional footballer who plays for CA Osasuna as a midfielder.

Club career

Born in Pamplona, Navarre, Merino began his career with CD Amigó, and later moved to CA Osasuna.[1] He made his senior debuts with the reserves in the 2013–14 campaign in Tercera División.

On 23 August 2014 Merino made his first-team debut, starting in a 2–0 home win against FC Barcelona B for the Segunda División championship. On 21 December he scored his first professional goal, netting the winner in a 2–1 away success over UD Las Palmas.

On 31 January 2015 Merino was definitely promoted to the main squad, being awarded the number 8 jersey.

International career

Merino was part of the Spain under-19 team which won the 2015 European Championship in Greece; he scored their first goal of the tournament, opening a 3–0 win over holders Germany at the AEL FC Arena in Larissa.

Apparently Borussia Dortmund is very close to signing him. I don't know him? Does anyone know more?

Andresito

Staff member
Thought he looked good yesterday. Usually solid whenever I watch Sociedad.

An option for our midfield?

Porque

This f'n guy. He's ice skating out there I tell ya. He and Alba should form a tandem. Could get gold for Spain at the next Winter O's.

Home of Barca Fans