Negative Thinking Cules

Hamzah

High Definition Member
I doubt we'll win la liga or cl next season. The reason we collapsed and got knocked out of cl and almost lost the liga was because of our crap depth which has not been solved. There is no pedro to rotate with msn.

In midfield iniesta is getting older and rakitic gets tired easily. Rafinha is injury prone and Arda has shown he has no tactical awareness so far. Denis could be a decent backup but unproven.

We also have roberto and Vidal as our rights backs. Roberto can do a job in the shy games but I wouldn't make him our consistent right back. Vidal has shown himself to be average so far....

khaled_a_d

I doubt we'll win la liga or cl next season. The reason we collapsed and got knocked out of cl and almost lost the liga was because of our crap depth which has not been solved. There is no pedro to rotate with msn.

In midfield iniesta is getting older and rakitic gets tired easily. Rafinha is injury prone and Arda has shown he has no tactical awareness so far. Denis could be a decent backup but unproven.

We also have roberto and Vidal as our rights backs. Roberto can do a job in the shy games but I wouldn't make him our consistent right back. Vidal has shown himself to be average so far....

We will start next season with around 6 more players than last one(Arda,Vidal,Umtiti,Denis,Digne & new striker) .While losing Alves hurt the other player we will lose are dead weight like Sandro & Adriano.
We will have much more depth next season.

serghei

We will start next season with around 6 more players than last one(Arda,Vidal,Umtiti,Denis,Digne & new striker) .While losing Alves hurt the other player we will lose are dead weight like Sandro & Adriano.
We will have much more depth next season.

The flipside of that coin is that our first eleven is weaker than last season, because we lost Alves, which is probably still the best RB in the world and we brought nobody to replace him. Umtiti won't probably start ahead of Mascherano next season, so that leaves us with Bravo/TS - Roberto/Vidal, Pique, Mascherano, Alba - Rakitic, Busi, Iniesta - Messi, Suarez, Neymar if everyone is fit. Which is, on paper, clearly a weaker line-up than that of last season.

That's actually my main beef with our transfers so far in this window. We have a better squad, but a weaker first 11.

Last edited:

gasgas

if we dont sign an elite midfielder we're doomed :cry:
All the terrible seasons we have had our midfield was always overrun, always
All the top teams have strong midfield starters and elite backups
Madrid,Bayern, Atleti

but for us we have
Older Iniesta who somehow puts up only 4 worldclass performances a season and everyone thinks it will be the same every single game afterwards like it was in the past.
Get over it, he will only get worse

Rakitic has been overworked for 2 seasons already. Expect Fatigue, lack of concentration and BTW he was never that creative anyway

Rafinha, Arda and Denis are not the right midfield backups
They are all wingers,#10, and CAMs
it is beyond me how you all think we have perfect backup for our CMs while none of them are CMs to start with
And even in their actual positions they are not elite either

MSN is older and more drained, they can't do it all themselves. they need an elite midfield to help them, what do they get? One year older, one year more tired, drained Iniesta and Rakitic with a Busquets who will end up even more tired playing more games since he doesnt have a single backup
yeah right
Not Samper even, kid is weak, soft and lightweight, can't defend, dont expect him to impose his will anytime sooner in our DM spot

So here it goes.
Our problem lies in MIDFIELD

We may not even need a MSN backup, coz Arda, Dennis, Rafinha are all good wingers,and any of MSN available can play CF
Neymar played there twice in his first season and he shined vs Celtic,Valladolid etc
Messi has played there for a number of seasons

it wont hurt playing them while resting Suarez

FC B

I agree the midfield lacks some elite backups and that Arda must be sold ASAP and that re RB situation is menacing.

Those combined might just backfire.

hardyboy

My thoughts, Gomes should be ahead of denis, Rafinha and Arda in the pecking order. mathieu and Vidal shoukd never start again.

SahanBarca

:)

Home of Barca Fans