Negative Thinking Cules

Batistuta9

For now, 3 steps are needed and all should be set in motion soon, over the next 6-12 months or so. New board + new manager + setting the ground to move on all the veterans. All done with a medium-long term view ahead. Minimum of 2 seasons, up to 3-4.

The veterans will have to leave on free transfers or next to nothing due to their wages. The board has wasted 400m on transfers the last few years, coupled with the financial impact of covid, the rebuild might take longer than 3-4 years. There is also a high chance that, when we do have money to spend again, that we will buy flops.

Our success was built on la masia products along with 1 good signing per 3 bad ones. We are so bad in the transfer market. The mismanagement of the club these last few years has been farcical.

Xaviniesta

-madrid 3peat
-get demloished every year in knockout games
-liverpool pass us in CL count
-bayern to pass us in CL count/psg to win the CL

some terrible 5 years as a barca fan

KingLeo10

-madrid 3peat

Once we rid the amigos and get even decently talented players who are actual athletes, we'll be a respectable team again.

Q is whether this is next season or in 2023.

El Guaje

3 Liga titles are not bad.
It is time to appreciate it from our fans.

I feel like most of us do appreciate the titles we have won, i dont think anyone thinks Barca are supposed to win CL every or every 2nd year, its just how we've been getting our asses handed by other teams. Like ofc we wont always win, but how we've been humiliated year after year and how shit we've been in general is simply unacceptable.

FinBarcelonafan

-madrid 3peat

How was our domestic success during those years? Good I assume?

Buy yeah, Spain success feels nothing after becoming the biggest joke in Europe.

HanDW

tenor.gif

kattanib

I feel like most of us do appreciate the titles we have won, i dont think anyone thinks Barca are supposed to win CL every or every 2nd year, its just how we've been getting our asses handed by other teams. Like ofc we wont always win, but how we've been humiliated year after year and how shit we've been in general is simply unacceptable.
The fact that it is difficult to watch the full 90 minutes and enjoy the game, no philosophy or tactical thoughts from the manager.. the fact that the fans have been tired to see Raki play for three years straight just to be replaced by Vidal ... no youngster and very little optimism towards the future. Dark dark times.

JamDav1982

Barca have been tactically left behind top teams and have an old team doing it.

The best teams in world are full of pace and movement and Barca are a slow team, built to suit old players that wait for ball.

Worrying when hear Xavi say likes of Mane and Aubameyang are not Barca players as they run into space and Barca need players that play in tight areas.

Xavi sounds stuck in past as much as anyone.

Batistuta9

Barca have been tactically left behind top teams and have an old team doing it.

The best teams in world are full of pace and movement and Barca are a slow team, built to suit old players that wait for ball.

Worrying when hear Xavi say likes of Mane and Aubameyang are not Barca players as they run into space and Barca need players that play in tight areas.

Xavi sounds stuck in past as much as anyone.

I'm pretty sure in the same interview he praised gnabry and Sancho, so he isn't against pace. He probably just prefers players that have good close control.

JamDav1982

I'm pretty sure in the same interview he praised gnabry and Sancho, so he isn't against pace. He probably just prefers players that have good close control.

He specifically said players like Mane and Aubameyang would not suit Barca as much as 'technical' players.

Sounds of touch with what is succeeding just now in football and how he thinks it should be played and not for the first time.

snowy

Sancho's close control is fire though. He's very confident on the ball and can easily take that extra touch other players wouldn't risk, so as to ensure beating defender or keeper.

edit: oh nvrm! read thread too fast '

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans