Negative Thinking Cules

^
wonderful post. I agree. Messi and Busquets are problematic, but at the same time, they are a bit too good to let go just yet. Definitely cannot play 433 with them.

We must force Pique, Alba and Suarez out by next season. We have got better options in the team and the market has some too. De Ligt and Miranda, for example.

Busquets was slowing the game yesterday and that must be fixed. He kept the ball a bit too much instead of playing it faster. It is really concerning.

Jordi Alba? Haven't seen much of Miranda but how good must he be to force our little Road Runner out! Jordi and Messi's telepathic link-up is one of the few things we can actually rely on over the years.

FC433

You are right. Alba can still give us a few more seasons, but I think we should start forcing some of our experienced ones out.

Some players are still good, but not motivated anymore. You can see yesterday many of our players were walking.

LW Messi Dembele
Arthur Busquets Alena?
Miranda? Umtiti CB Semedo
Stegen

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Had to look at my old posts in this thread to see that I called Real Madrid’s third CL in a row and Ronaldo’s sixth Ballon d’Or last September.

Will say the same as I predicted correctly for the last three years now. No CL this season either. Not necessarily because of our midfield this time which was my biggest worry in previous years, but because of Valverde. One of the least likable coaches we had in a long time.

soul24rage

Had to look at my old posts in this thread to see that I called Real Madrid’s third CL in a row and Ronaldo’s sixth Ballon d’Or last September.

Will say the same as I predicted correctly for the last three years now. No CL this season either. Not necessarily because of our midfield this time which was my biggest worry in previous years, but because of Valverde. One of the least likable coaches we had in a long time.

who do you predict to win the CL this season??

Cristiano hasn't won the Ballon D'Or just yet :)

Who do you think will win the CL this season?

If we don't win, I personally wouldn't mind if City does. I like the project they're building over there.

How do you think the likes of Juventus, Madrid, Atletico, Bayern, PSG will do?

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo

One of the biggest problems with Valverde is how much he seems to breed complacency within the team. Every match comment it seems like everything's going casually fine and that the work through the season is business as usual. Even the basic approach to a football season as continuous "business as usual" is a recipe for complacency and total failure. It's about high objectives and always trying to be better, keeping the fire under their asses lit and not tolerating anything less than the best a team is capable of.

He doesn't seem to notice when key players like Suarez, Alba, Rakitic, and sometimes Busi underperform, to the extent that I have HUGE doubts Valverde even pays attention to their work in practice or games to even consider whether they still merit their spots. He just acts week after week as if they're performing at the same elite level all the time because they are veterans and champions. Way too lax and non-motivational. Catastrophic defeat to Roma? Shame we lost, that sucks. But hey we do have a game in the CDR coming up that we were focused on more. He doesn't show that he gives that much of a damn one bit, not in his body language with the players or in what he says to the media.

So many games where the team looks like it's playing lazy and without heart and a lot of that is to do with Valverde. If we don't have a coach the players truly believe in, where the unity and motivation of the team really comes on display, then they have a tendency to settle. It's not just us though. Look at how shocking RM were under Benitez with exactly the same squad that won 3 CL's in a row right afterwards. This team is just as capable of having a fire under their ass in 14/15 as they are of being reserved and overwhelmed in 16/17 or 17/18.

Valverde is not the guy to get the most out of this team. But that doesn't mean there isn't much to get out in the first place, so I think the criticism of the squad is overblown in some areas. Under the right coach with the right mentality I think Messi and Pique could be playing exactly as we wished they would. Busquets too even though his physical decline is there he was terrific against Chelsea in both legs in the CL. He can still contribute at a high level in the right circumstances. Suarez is a lost cause, period. Every single game for well over 2 years now he's been playing like a clueless donkey on the ball, I can't see a single possibility for him to be the striker we really need anymore. But overall this team CAN be the team we need to win a CL, but I do not believe Valverde is the man to make that happen.

Andrew M

Wants a medal for predicting Real Madrid winning the Champions League:rolleyes:

[MENTION=12906]DonAndres[/MENTION]

Agreed. Valverde lacks PASSION, FIRE and HUNGER.

We should be able to EASILY beat all comers.

With a passionate coach that breathes fire, who knows how to implement effective squad tactics, we can win it all.

Don't know who we'd replace him with. The players are complacent, due in large part to the board and coach.

Not everyone can be man managers like Zidane/respected like Zidane. He truly knew how to light a fire under Madrid's ass.

Last edited:

God Serena

Can't think of anything to say here that I haven't said already but it feels like this is definitely where I should be right now, so...

Sup?

FCBfan22

Can't think of anything to say here that I haven't said already but it feels like this is definitely where I should be right now, so...

Sup?

Not much.

15 points in 8 games. 4 games in the league without a win. 0.50 win ratio. Not a win since 15th of September 2018. Should've been at least 5 points ahead of Madrid, but we are 1. Everything going really well.

/s

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Anyone still remembers excitement for Puig and Miranda from pre-season? Or their hopes for Alena? Heck not even Vidal can get minutes.

I guess these results warrant Valverde's selections. 4 games in a row without a win and this brand of football is something we haven't "achieved" in a decade.

Messigician

Cristiano hasn't won the Ballon D'Or just yet :)

Who do you think will win the CL this season?

If we don't win, I personally wouldn't mind if City does. I like the project they're building over there.

How do you think the likes of Juventus, Madrid, Atletico, Bayern, PSG will do?

That oil club? Oh right I forgot all Barca fans need to have City as their second team because Pep is there. If Messi leftto city to join Pep I wonder how many would remain Barcelona fans..

I think we will have a great UCL the players are motivated to win it despite the coach.

gasgas

It's very true. A lot of people, myself included, jumped the gun seeing all the big names we've got in the team. Luis Suarez, Busquets, Pique, Vidal are all better in our memory than in reality and it's easy to overestimate the squad. However, it's still a very good team which can, with proper setup, challenge more or less every opponent. I hope, and actually believe so, Busquets and Suarez improve. Last night was a reality check which is always a positive thing.
We have good players but that's not enough.
The players need to be compatible with each other.

Our players are the types that have significant strengths and significant weaknesses and they are not the kind who can cover for each other's weaknesses

Sup?

Am good. Just running a few errands around while dreading the next Barca match.
Too bad i'm stuck to Barca, but once i start working i will have to detach and look for another hobby (jogging, weight lifting etc). We are playing such horrible football

God Serena

That oil club? Oh right I forgot all Barca fans need to have City as their second team because Pep is there. If Messi leftto city to join Pep I wonder how many would remain Barcelona fans..

I think we will have a great UCL the players are motivated to win it despite the coach.

God damn, you're so obsessed with talking shit about Pep that you're willing to respond to posts from months ago just to get the chance.

Home of Barca Fans