Negative Thinking Cules

defyqa

Saw this on the internet:

The past three days (including today) were the three days of mourning for Barca fans:

Day 1: Griezmann rejected Barca and Pique ignited fury among Barca fans for the frictions he caused
Day 2: The whole world witnessed Ronaldo scoring a hattrick against Spain
Day 3: The whole world witnessed Messi missing a PK to allow Iceland to draw Argentina

Have we collectively been voodooed?

Day2 & 3: Barça fans don't care. Not Barça playing.

Devils

It almost looks like the toxic complacency and shitty attitude that Barca players have had in recent years has been carried by them to their national sides.

Suarez, Umtiti, Pique were all atrocious. Messi, Busi, Iniesta and Alba were below average.

Hard to believe it is all just a coincidence.

khaled_a_d

A long -and hopefully good -season is ahead of us, but I think people really need to tune their expectations down.
This isn't Barca "best team in years" by any mean. Barca 14-16 squad was way ahead of this one. We aren't favorites for CL and this isn't coach related, it would have been the case whether we had EV,Zidane or Pep coaching us.
And as much as people hate to admit, it starts with the core players not the supporting cast.

Pique is older now and has lost a step, and he has been inconsistent for some time, Suarez same thing. Dont think I need to talk a lot about them

Busquets, I hate this one. For me he is the smartest player I've ever seen, and yes that means he surpasses the likes of Xavi & Iniesta in that department. One of the all time most underrated player. That said he lost a step and football at the end is a physical sport. even chess players loses a step at some point in their 30's. Busquets has lost more than a step and while he is still great when we have the ball, he is becoming more and more liability on the defensive end. He offers zero protection of our defense and it hurts us badly, our defensve problems starts with him.

Messi, still same tactical problem. His game is still build as playing AM in a team that needs him to be more of a goal scorers. he always want the ball deep, he won't be a RW nor a striker. This kills the team dynamics. He need to understand he will do more by doing less. Let the midfield do his thing Leo

That in addition to the fact that Semedo still has no end product, Arthur is still a bit green to be a starter (hopefully will change by time), Umtiti can have a bad form for some times and I just don't think we are that good.
We do have a good squad for sure, but not to meet the expectations that most Barca fans of this era have

Last edited:

FC433

^
wonderful post. I agree. Messi and Busquets are problematic, but at the same time, they are a bit too good to let go just yet. Definitely cannot play 433 with them.

We must force Pique, Alba and Suarez out by next season. We have got better options in the team and the market has some too. De Ligt and Miranda, for example.

Busquets was slowing the game yesterday and that must be fixed. He kept the ball a bit too much instead of playing it faster. It is really concerning.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Busquets will definitely decline sooner than Xavi or Iniesta did. Just the type of player he is that is the problem. As for Suarez and Pique then it's there for everyone to see.

Joan

It's very true. A lot of people, myself included, jumped the gun seeing all the big names we've got in the team. Luis Suarez, Busquets, Pique, Vidal are all better in our memory than in reality and it's easy to overestimate the squad. However, it's still a very good team which can, with proper setup, challenge more or less every opponent. I hope, and actually believe so, Busquets and Suarez improve. Last night was a reality check which is always a positive thing.

soul24rage

I think it's going to be really hard to win the CL even if the squad is better than last season's. I think that the only way we are going to win the CL is by individual brilliance from the likes of Messi, Coutinho and Dembele and solid defending.

Capitan Puyol

On top of everything we still have Valverde which is a minus.
Totally disagree...! The problem isn't Valverde. Won home treble (3 trophies) for 4 months - title, cup, supercup and you still think our manager is the problem... Tata Martino won nothing with a better team (Xavi/Iniesta were still a thing in 2014). We are just bad in the CL final (knockout) stages with different managers - Even with Pep we struggled in knockout stages and in many seasons Messi had zero/to 1 or 2 goals in CL quarters/semis e.t.c.

Home of Barca Fans