Negative Thinking Cules

serghei

I am more worried about the dynamics of the team, I never believed that much in adding players in January tbh. It is all on EV now since the new signings are upgrade for sure but upgrades doesn't equal; better team in all cases.
And to clarify I am not saying this is bad for the team, but I am saying there is a risk factor we are ignoring.

Seriously now, we're not affecting the core of the team except with Coutinho, who is so much of a perfect match it's unreal. Mina won't break the Pique - Umtiti partnership, Arnaiz won't be more than a rotation player, Rafinha the same, and Valverde won't play Dembele if he won't be in top form.

behindbrowneyes

I am more worried about the dynamics of the team, I never believed that much in adding players in January tbh. It is all on EV now since the new signings are upgrade for sure but upgrades doesn't equal; better team in all cases.
And to clarify I am not saying this is bad for the team, but I am saying there is a risk factor we are ignoring.

Don't worry. Coutinho is a great player and a humble guy. Neymar was humble too, but he always acted cocky and this was bad for us as a team. Coutinho is not like that. He is a good friend of Suárez and I'm sure Messi will welcome him with open arms. On and off the pitch. He is a family guy, has his own small family and is not a party boy like Ney. Therefore he will fit perfectly into the private life(style) of our key players. If you have Suárez, Messi and Piqué on your side their won't be a problem with the dynamics in the team. The only situation Valverde has to take care of is Don Andres in order to keep him feel valued. We need him in CL and as our captain. I hope the Don stays at least for one season more.
Of course it will take time till things like paths etc. will work out, but we have some easier home games ahead and I'm sure Messi and Coutinho will have a good chemistry on the pitch. Rest will come from alone since Coutinho is a top player and will not need much time to adapt. I'm not a big fan of calling non-La Masia boys having Barça-DNA but Coutinho is one of those players you can consider it.

The most important thing is that the core of our team is intact which is the case. We didn't lose an important player out of our starting eleven so integrating new players won't be a big issue. Of course Mascherano will be a loss in the locker room, but we did well without him on the pitch. Rafinha is part of our team for a long time, Mina will have the necessary time to adapt and we're not in a hurry to put pressure on Dembélé because Neymar is gone. We've done well so far and becoming new very talented players is a nice thing for a coach. I'm sure Valverde is happy with recent developments on the transfer market, although he never complained about our squad he truly wasn't satisfied with it.

The only thing what's left to do is getting rid of Arda and probably Deulofeu if an offer comes in. Not in a hurry to sell Gomes since it is a WC year and he very probably will make the Portugal squad so his value is not in danger.

Last edited:

Messi983

Attendance has gone down for the whole season. Maybe Coutinho and return of Dembele will lure more people to Camp Nou.

MessiTHEgoat

Attendance has gone down for the whole season. Maybe Coutinho and return of Dembele will lure more people to Camp Nou.

I was about to say this , the average league attendance this season is 62,412, and it's lame compared to the last two seasons "83,749 "(15/16), 78k (17/18).

and it's not like the tickets are that expensive, it's the exact opposite, here's the stats in laliga:

Team Most expensive season ticket, £ Cheapest season ticket, £
Barcelona 634.81 172.23
Athletico Madrid 963.96 257.61
Real Madrid 1460.07 177
Real Betis 721.31 239.33

Joan

I was about to say this , the average league attendance this season is 62,412, and it's lame compared to the last two seasons "83,749 "(15/16), 78k (17/18).

and it's not like the tickets are that expensive, it's the exact opposite, here's the stats in laliga:

Team Most expensive season ticket, £ Cheapest season ticket, £
Barcelona 634.81 172.23
Athletico Madrid 963.96 257.61
Real Madrid 1460.07 177
Real Betis 721.31 239.33

Can you compare the price with the ones of previous seasons?

MessiTHEgoat

Can you compare the price with the ones of previous seasons?

sadly i've looked up but didn't find any, but I Doubt there'll be any differences.

btw; the match against las palmas was played with 0 attendance. so that's why the overall average is lower than the last two season (taking into account that we had only 9 home games).

and the last match was on holiday, that's why the attendance was low, so there's nothing to worry about :cheers:

Joan

sadly i've looked up but didn't find any, but I Doubt there'll be any differences.

btw; the match against las palmas was played with 0 attendance. so that's why the overall average is lower than the last two season (taking into account that we had only 9 home games).

and the last match was on holiday, that's why the attendance was low, so there's nothing to worry about :cheers:

I've come up with some more data:

SEASON 2017/2018
1. real betis 56480
2. espanyol 72875
3. eibar 51645
4. las palmas 0
5. malaga 74379
6. sevilla 70723
7. celta vigo 63208
8. deportivo 53607
9. levante 56380
- average (las palmas included): 55477
- aveage (las palmas excluded): 62412

SEASON 2016/2017
1. betis 65731
2. alaves 74237
3. atletico 89421
4. deportivo 83553
5. granada 82914
6. malaga 83439
7. real 98485
8. espanyol 79370
9. las palmas 81480
- average (real included): 82070
- average (real excluded): 80018
- average (real and atletico excluded): 78674

I tried to exclude big name games to get average attendance on a normal day and as we can see they differ (78674-64262=16262). That's big.
If we assume the price hasn't changed significantly, then there must be something behind it. At the beginning I thought that it coud've been politics but as we can see the number of visitors doesn't drop after the las palmas game therefore I wouldn't say that the local fans have lost their hopes about the club which would really be a positive surprise.
Also, could be this: everybody expected a terrible season so hopes weren't high at the beginning. We (here on forum) lightened up after the clasico so that's probably true for local cules as well. After the clasico there's only one game played at the camp nou which happened to be on a holiday (as you illustrated, thank you!). I suggest we continue recording the numbers here and follow the trend before drawing conclusions (is there a more appropriate thread?).

MessiTHEgoat

Attendance: 59.009.

don't get it, even tho we are playing some of the best football :( , maybe the late timing & and it's a mid-week game?

Joan

Attendance: 59.009.

don't get it, even tho we are playing some of the best football :( , maybe the late timing & and it's a mid-week game?

Incredible, I thought there must've been at least 70k :(

Jordi Cardoner (Barça vice-president): “The terrorist attack on Las Ramblas and the political instability in Catalonia has affected the attendances at Barcelona games at the Camp Nou.”

I was looking for more detailed data and couldn't find much (number of tourist for every month) but there really was a huge fall.
That just shows how much we rely on passengers and tourist instead local fans. Not on the club, though.

Home of Barca Fans