Dele Alli

BenRobbins

This is the problem with english fans. They hype up players so quickly and then send them to the firing squad just as quick when they (inevitably) hit the bad run of form. And I disagree with you with regards to that squad, that "golden generation" was pretty overrated relative to the hype they received. "golden generation" and yet they had nothing to show for.

They had plenty of club honours and were comfortably mixing it with the best teams in europe at the time. They were very, very good but we just didn't do it at international level. Mainly due to the managers. No overhype we had a ridiculously talented team. Most of them would walk into the current germany/spain team now not a problem.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
It's not a matter of talent. It's a matter of mentality. The English team is a team that plays in fear at the first sign of trouble. I blame the unrealistic expectations that they have set on them.

Ekul

dQHitIV.gif

yK8yb0g.gif

Did you suffer amnesia? Find me another 19-year old scoring unbelievable goals like these in the top flight. I'm not saying he's going to be Michel Platini, I'm saying the boy is certainly not a fraud.

Maybe not Michel Platini, but you have compared him to Zidane in the past on here, which is absolutely laughable.

And with all due respect, I could find goals like that from any league in the world. Non-league, even. And anyway, my argument earlier was that he scores a good goal every now and then, and people think he's great, without actually watching him lose the ball almost every time he receives it and have little to no impact on games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cXsLWiHPXas

Edit: And for the record, this isn't a knee jerk reaction from me after he was abysmal at the Euros. I've never rated him at all.

Last edited:

El Flaco

I've genuinely watched him live maybe 20-25 times, and I've only ever seen him have ONE half decent game (vs Germany) - this is for England and Spurs, by the way.

All he's good at is shooting. He gave the ball away 84 times at this tournament, more than any other player at Euro 2016. 84 times. In less than 3 and a half games. 84 times in approximately 300 minutes. He lost the ball every 3 and a half minutes. And people think he has the potential to be world class. God help English Football.

Do you have a source about this stat please?

Last edited:

Falcao

He is definitely overrated. But you need to remember that he made a seamless transition from the 3rd division of English football to a Spurs team that challenged for the PL, that explains a lot of the hype. Still it's quite remarkable what he did.

I doubt he'll become a world class player but he can be a very good one.

Jenks

Premier League is overrated ;).

It is, but not so much that his contribution can just be dismissed. It's not like loads of foreign 19 year olds are doing the same in the Premier League. Even Ronaldo wasn't scoring more than that at 19. I agree with everyone else that he doesn't look like a world class player in the making, but I don't see problem with people getting excited about a lad his age having the season he's had given where he's come from.

Nucky

I never understood people in england saying this squad was the best we have had in ages. A few years back we had Rooney (When he was class), Cole, Neville, Owen, Terry and the rest of the players you listed.

The current squad aren't even fit to lace the boots of that generation.

It's mostly muppets who follow rubbish media.. England squad with all those players couldn't do anything and some people really though they will do it with Lallana and similar useless players?

Galning

He is a great talent but asking him to lead this England's midfield & team in a Euros at his age is just :lol: He flopped, like almost all the players.

Hart for instance is 29 years old, faced 5 shots on target the entire tournament and conceded 4. How was Rooney?
All I see is young players getting the shit thrown at them again, Kane, Alli, Sterling (who shouldn't have even been a starter in the first place).

Same story, different tournament. Their team is just massively overrated which leads to unrealistic goals. Their entire starting 11 finished 3rd or lower in the shittiest Premier League I have ever seen.

clemente

I like him, kinda sad that our style will never suit him so we won't see him here.. Still would swap him instead of Gomes without a second thought

Windhook

Although I like him, I view him more of a media overhype. In England it's typical to have one great season after which things go downwards. Michael Owen, Daniel Sturridge. Sturridge and Suarez were hailed as the best duo in Premier League since Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole days. The media rated them as equal in abilities, but after Suarez was sold it was obvious who really ran the show at Anfield in 2013-2014 season.:suarez1:

clemente

Although I like him, I view him more of a media overhype. In England it's typical to have one great season after which things go downwards. Michael Owen, Daniel Sturridge. Sturridge and Suarez were hailed as the best duo in Premier League since Dwight Yorke and Andy Cole days. The media rated them as equal in abilities, but after Suarez was sold it was obvious who really ran the show at Anfield in 2013-2014 season.:suarez1:

I don't agree with that, his finishing is literally better than Neymars, hes a midfielder that has 16 goals already, when is the last time midfielder was scoring this much? If some stupid RM purchase doesn't happen he will be one of the top midfielders very soon.

JamDav1982

I don't agree with that, his finishing is literally better than Neymars, hes a midfielder that has 16 goals already, when is the last time midfielder was scoring this much? If some stupid RM purchase doesn't happen he will be one of the top midfielders very soon.

I like Alli a lot and he will be a great player but he has not really been a midfielder for the second half of season. He has been as far up the park as Kane or playing as a second striker more than a midfielder.

Home of Barca Fans