Dele Alli

Raketa10

No he's not. He is good, but Eriksen is more important. But still, only 20 years old.

Don't get me wrong, Eriksen is a great player but there is one big problem with him. He is to soft. When Tottenham is playing great he is also playing great but when Tottenham is playing bad he is absolutely invisible. He is definitely not the type of a player who can carry the team and make a difference when things are going in the wrong direction. He also needs to be surrounded by players who will work and run for him since he'll never work hard on the pitch. In some games he shines while in some of them he absolutely disappears, something like Ozil.

Last edited:

Trickykid

Don't get me wrong, Eriksen is a great player but there is one big problem with him. He is to soft. When Tottenham is playing great he is also playing great but when Tottenham is playing bad he is absolutely invisible. He is definitely not the type of a player who can carry the team and make a difference when things are going in the wrong direction. He also needs to be surrounded by players who will work and run for him since he'll never work hard on the pitch. In some games he shines while in some of them he absolutely disappears, something like Ozil.

Buddy, with a statement like that, I sincerely doubt you've ever really watched him play. Eriksen is consistently the player who runs the most at Tottenham, and is probably in top 5 in the league as a whole. Eriksen definately has shortcomings, but his workrate isn't one of them.

Last edited:

Raketa10

Buddy, with a statement like that, I sincerely doubt you've ever really watched him play. Eriksen is consistently the player who runs the most at Tottenham, and is probably in top 5 in the league as a whole. Eriksen definately has shortcomings, but his workrate isn't one of them.

Rakitic is also one of the players who runs the most at Barca on the other hand you have Modric in Real but running of those two is not even comparable. There is more and less effective running. Eriksen defensive contribution is weak. IMHO he is to soft. In comparison Dele Alli plays more forward role than Eriksen but he is much stronger in duels and he can actually win duel every now and than in comparison to Eriksen. As I said I like Eriksen don't get me wrong but if you consider him as a CM player he has some serious shortcomings. This is the reason I consider him only as a very good CAM and nothing more and I don't see him as a solution for our midfield problems. I also know he is much better than Rakitic or Gomes but that's not a reference point :)

Last edited:
M

MessiCam

Suarez' level dropping so much means we'll have to sign Coutinho + Griezmann or someone like Werner which will both cost 200m in total. 100m for each of them. For anyone talking about 150m for Coutinho it was confirmed that our highest offer to Liverpool was 80m + 20/30m in a lot of clauses related to Balon D'Or and CL wins.

Now we are going to get a lot more money from our Nike deal kicking in from this summer and could make some by offloading all the deadweight in the squad too, but had not Suarez been on such a decline right now, you could have considered spending 200m on Coutinho and Eriksen instead... One playing as an AM, the other as a CM and then have Alenya as next in line with Iniesta playing a lesser role.

Imagine that midfield.

I agree. I don't think Goretzka should be pursued either. We might as well keep Gomes then... A lot of these attacking midfielders look great in teams that play a more direct game but they flounder when thrown into Barca's death by passing system. With Coutinho we know what he'll bring because Liverpool also play a passing game and Eriksen is a wonderful distributor of the ball.

To touch on the death by passing... In the Champions League Barcelona have a significant advantage in terms of accurate passes per game (654) but in terms of big chances created we're ranked 17th having created only 6. Also rank only 13th in terms of shots per game with 10.8.

At this stage we should just keep Suarez, sort out the midfield and pray to whichever God it is that we pray to that Suarez finds some semblance of form.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dele the overrated cunt Alli with this tackle. Worst thing is that this wasn't the only dangerous tackle he committed.

Should get banned for 5 games.

[tw]942125889625772033[/tw]

Gilberto

He's a talented player but he needs to sort out his mental issues. It's not the first time we have seen him do shit like this. Seems to be a bit of an arrogant twat as well.

Adversus

Dirty player who looks the kind of character who won't be able to maintain a career at the top.

At the very least he needs to leave England before their media tear him apart, although playing for Spurs does help.

El Flaco

Dele the overrated cunt Alli with this tackle. Worst thing is that this wasn't the only dangerous tackle he committed.

Should get banned for 5 games.

[tw]942125889625772033[/tw]

Seems like Dele Alli stamped on Fernandinho after fouling him

https://streamable.com/1f799

I'll make a clip later, but the presenters on MOTD dismissed Dele Alli's tackle on KdB.

[tw]942189226761834497[/tw]

I've been on a few Tottenham forums / sections and there's more than a few fans who already turning against this guy.

And rightfully so since he has been in a horrendous form.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Bunch of hypocrites.

They called Pogba out like he tried to kill Bellerin when he got sent off while saying what Alli did was unintentional despite him having a history of such crap and stamping on Fernandinho earlier.

Home of Barca Fans