Dele Alli

Windhook

I don't agree with that, his finishing is literally better than Neymars, hes a midfielder that has 16 goals already, when is the last time midfielder was scoring this much? If some stupid RM purchase doesn't happen he will be one of the top midfielders very soon.

Once Dele Alli starts to play under pressure, which Neymar gets every game, we will see how good he really is. Playing once a week in Premier League is easy, Chelsea dominate the Premier League because their players are concentrated on only one competition. Another thing I've been overviewing is that players born in the United Kingdom struggle to adapt to the Spanish style of football. Gareth Bale and Steve McManaman are the only succesful British players to have won any major trophy during their spell in Spain. Gary Lineker, Mark Hughes, Michael Owen, David Beckham, Jonathan Woodgate, they all left as they came.

You know well yourself which club Tottenham exclusively sell their star players -> Real Madrid.

Last edited:

Jenks

Dele Alli can be quite sloppy in his play to be honest, he has such good stats because he's always trying things even when maybe he shouldn't, and it only takes one or two of them to come off each game to register another goal or assist.

JamDav1982

Once Dele Alli starts to play under pressure, which Neymar gets every game, we will see how good he really is. Playing once a week in Premier League is easy, Chelsea dominate the Premier League because their players are concentrated on only one competition. Another thing I've been overviewing is that players born in the United Kingdom struggle to adapt to the Spanish style of football. Gareth Bale and Steve McManaman are the only succesful British players to have won any major trophy during their spell in Spain. Gary Lineker, Mark Hughes, Michael Owen, David Beckham, Jonathan Woodgate, they all left as they came.

You know well yourself which club Tottenham exclusively sell their star players -> Real Madrid.

Beckham did well with Madrid and was big part of the title they won and Lineker did well at Barca before Cruyff came in and he wasnt his type of player. Steve Archibald did well at Barca as well - won the league.

Woodgate was shite and was never fit. Owen wasnt that bad.

Alli could easily play for Spains top two in future. Probably better than any Barca CM now.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

let's not go to those ancient era of Lineker and co as it is totally different time right now. ,although I think Lineker was successful
I get what you say about British players, but Beckham was finally able to play well with RM when Calderon & Capello came and actually built a proper team rather than just buying stars. Woodgate was injury prone overrated player. Owen was great sub but with the legends like Ronaldo and Raul he didn't have a place there. It was a stupid deal for everyone involved.
Point is,they can work under proper circumstances

Last edited:

gasgas

He is good on ball in tight areas, quick, strong can assist and score. All things the midfield lacks.

Better than any of the CMs Barca have and brings things that are missing.
Those are things we need from a CAM/#10 who i believe Messi is becoming that player

JamDav1982

Those are things we need from a CAM/#10 who i believe Messi is becoming that player

Those are things that should be coming more from CM more than they are whether Messi plays AM or not.

Messi is not quick, strong, mobile as a constant presence on the pitch and doesnt provide those things defensively either.

gasgas

Those are things that should be coming more from CM more than they are whether Messi plays AM or not.

Messi is not quick strong, mobile as a constant presence on the pitch and doesnt provide those things defensively either.

You gotta be kidding on the bolded part

Before we go any further, what's position do you see Messi playing next season?

JamDav1982

You gotta be kidding on the bolded part

Before we go any further, what's position do you see Messi playing next season?

Messi could be AM or RW.

I am saying Messi is not a player who is constant presence of pace, strength on pitch he picks and chooses his moments and almost never does he show those things in defence. So it is still needed even if he is there.

You are thiking Messi being those things in final third when ball at his feet covers all those areas of weakness I dont agree at all.

Home of Barca Fans