Dele Alli

JamDav1982

- Why are you comparing a CM to a winger? Anyhow, compared to class players, Sterling isn't anything special. Sane is far and away the better player of the two.

- Alli isn't anywhere close to being a great player. That, if anything, is rubbish.

You compared all positions in your last post and have compared them in the past thats why.

Sane has not been better this season.

Alli is a great player and not average compared to ones you named.

Jair Ventura

You compared all positions in your last post and have compared them in the past thats why.

Sane has not been better this season.

Alli is a great player and not average compared to ones you named.

I compared Alli to Lo Celso, Sane has clearly been better than Sterling, and Alli is average.

Anyhow, have a good one. Off to watch the City match.

JamDav1982

I compared Alli to Lo Celso, Sane has clearly been better than Sterling, and Alli is average.

Anyhow, have a good one. Off to watch the City match.

You compared Alli to a whole list of players in different positions and in previous posts compared Sterling to Lo Celso.

Sane has not been better than Sterling this season at all. You need to watch more.

Great players Sane though.

Gusjaros

That is irrelevant as with a player like Harry Kane being focal point would expect him to score the first goal majority of time and even then it is not all about scoring goals.

He is very good in tight areas.
Look at the G/xG for Alli and and the other attacking players in Tottenham (numbers from understat)

Harry Kane (F) 18/15.6
Dele Alli (FM) 4/4.9
Son Heung-Min (FM) 6/4.5
Christian Eriksen (M) 5/4.4

Dele Alli is currently operating at an 81 % efficiency compared to the average Premier League player. 71 % to an out of position Eriksen. 70 % to Kane. 61 % to Son.

He is a huge waste especially because him taking up the central attacking position means that Tottenham is playing Eriksen out of position.

JamDav1982

Look at the G/xG for Alli and and the other attacking players in Tottenham (numbers from understat)

Harry Kane (F) 18/15.6
Dele Alli (FM) 4/4.9
Son Heung-Min (FM) 6/4.5
Christian Eriksen (M) 5/4.4

Dele Alli is currently operating at an 81 % efficiency compared to the average Premier League player. 71 % to an out of position Eriksen. 70 % to Kane. 61 % to Son.

He is a huge waste especially because him taking up the central attacking position means that Tottenham is playing Eriksen out of position.

He plays in the position he does as he does things Erisken cant.

Not sure what you are trying to prove with those stats.

Alli has played deeper games this season as well and played deeper in midfield against Liverpool etc.

Gusjaros

Son has been more of the forward for a while now and Alli was involved with almost everything good Spurs did yesterday before the first goal and soton did not open up at 1-0. They were still sitting deep when Alli carved them open for 2-0. Nor did he have acres of space for his goal.
Delle Alli did a good game but he's been generally shit this season.

JamDav1982

Delle Alli did a good game but he's been generally shit this season.

He hasnt been he has been up and down more than last year but has been great is some big games vs Real, Dortmund and Liverpool for example. Even the game before this one he set up couple goals.

Been moved around a bit more this season and had some shit games as well as good ones.

Gusjaros

The stats shows that if you give an average Premier League player the chances Dele Alli have received then you'd see 20 % more goals from those chances. 30 % more for Eriksen or Kane. 40 % more for Son. In plain English. Dele Alli have been shit this season.

JamDav1982

The stats shows that if you give an average Premier League player the chances Dele Alli have received then you'd see 20 % more goals from those chances. 30 % more for Eriksen or Kane. 40 % more for Son. In plain English. Dele Alli have been shit this season.

His finishing hasnt been great this season so not surprised.

He hasnt been shit at all and that stat doesnt prove anything other than could have scored more.

ASordidGod

The difference between this season and last is mainly the goals. He scored lots last season and got over hyped, though even then his overall game was average. The goals simply masked his deficiencies.

JamDav1982

The difference between this season and last is mainly the goals. He scored lots last season and got over hyped, though even then his overall game was average. The goals simply masked his deficiencies.

The goals didnt mask anything they were part of his game that made him so good.

Just like Sterling was hyped, Kane was hyped, Coutinho was hyped and all about 'the goals'. Heard it all before.

ASordidGod

The goals didnt mask anything they were part of his game that made him so good.

Just like Sterling was hyped, Kane was hyped, Coutinho was hyped and all about 'the goals'. Heard it all before.

Well it really depends on your expectation levels I suppose, and what you want to see of a player playing in a certain position. Is Alli an effective player for Tottenham? Yeah, ish, he gets them a decent amount of goals, but goes missing for long periods and if not scoring is basically a waste of a player (Southampton being a rare exception; in general he should create a lot more than he does.) Will he ever be good enough for Barcelona (which is really the only reason an Alli type would interest me)? IMO opinion no, absolutely not. I'd genuinely feel like crying if we ever signed him. :lol: As to the other players mentioned, you're not asking for my opinion I know, but I'll give it anyway. :lol: Sterling is much improved but I'd rather have Sane, Kane is the best striker in Europe (I'm not counting Messi as a striker of course), and Coutinho is a superb player, but I'm not sure where he'd fit, and he isn't priority imo, a controlling mid is.

Jenks

- When compared to players of his age group with similar levels of hype: Lemar, Asensio, Guedes, Dembele, Sane, and Werner, for example, he comes away looking quite average.

You seem to be basing this on this season alone and thus proving my point for me, because no way was Sane or Dembélé better than Dele Alli last year.

Home of Barca Fans