Mavericky Puig

Danic

Honestly, i dont see someone like him aside from cou in our midfield. This is exactly the type of midfielder im often missing in our team since iniesta left...

serghei

Loaning him is a good idea as long as it's not a cannon fodder team. He will not work at a defensive team and will rub the bench probably.

God Serena

Loaning him is a good idea as long as it's not a cannon fodder team. He will not work at a defensive team and will rub the bench probably.

Loaning these kids out is such risky business. We're better off letting them struggle with the first team the way Alena has, than loaning them out, imo. Way too many of our B team players have gone on loan to a team that seemed like they'd be a good fit, only for that to come crashing down for some reason or another. Aside from Rafinha, who is a genuinely quality player who just happens to be made of glass, what players have we had leave on loan who actually return ready for an opportunity here?

khaled_a_d

Loaning these kids out is such risky business. We're better off letting them struggle with the first team the way Alena has, than loaning them out, imo. Way too many of our B team players have gone on loan to a team that seemed like they'd be a good fit, only for that to come crashing down for some reason or another. Aside from Rafinha, who is a genuinely quality player who just happens to be made of glass, what players have we had leave on loan who actually return ready for an opportunity here?

While nothing of what you said is wrong by any mean, we have to also consider which La Masia/Barca B player has succeeded at all since Pedro getting promoted in 2009/2010?
9 seasons and the only name is S.Roberto. Who needed 3 years at Barca bench, changing positions and return of his former Barca B coach who believed in him.
IIRC, we started the loaning thing with Alberto Botia. So also in this past decade too.
What I am trying to say, is loan at fault or it is just La Masia general decline?
I think loans are generally great if we really trust our sporting department in picking right team, that is fairly difficult condition at the moment

God Serena

While nothing of what you said is wrong by any mean, we have to also consider which La Masia/Barca B player has succeeded at all since Pedro getting promoted in 2009/2010?
9 seasons and the only name is S.Roberto. Who needed 3 years at Barca bench, changing positions and return of his former Barca B coach who believed in him.
IIRC, we started the loaning thing with Alberto Botia. So also in this past decade too.
What I am trying to say, is loan at fault or it is just La Masia general decline?
I think loans are generally great if we really trust our sporting department in picking right team, that is fairly difficult condition at the moment

An argument could be made that Roberto staying with the club until he got a coach here who believed in him is further proof that these loans aren't necessary. Producing players of Roberto's quality shouldn't be hard, the guy really isn't special in any way. Even among the talents we've gotten rid of who ended up not being good enough, we could have easily filled most of our rotational options with them. The likes of Grimaldo, Tarin, Masip, Bartra, Thiago, Montoya, Cucu, and even Samper before the injuries were all good enough to fill that rotation/bench role that Roberto filled but for some reason most people are only capable of seeing a La Masia graduate as a success when they're a full blown starter. In some of those names listed (Grimaldo, Thiago) we're looking at players who potentially would be starting for us, anyways, but didn't have the support required to break into the team.

I just can't see any benefit to loaning these kids away. The manager of the new club can bench them for any reason and suddenly an entire season of developing as a player is gone. I'd rather take the risk of hoping Valverde gives them a few games across an entire season, than send them away to rot on the bench.

GoodKid

I find it so cool that this 19 year old kid is our only midfielder who realizes that the structure of our flat 3 man midfield is bad for progressing the ball and usually positions himself a bit higher up the field.

Gnidrologist

For his lauded weak physique and smallness he's quite sturdy lad. Even bullied Celta players couple of times. Unfortunately senior team mates tried to bypass him in the build up too often. His passing is level above anyone, who was on the filed today. You can see that with unarmed eye.

raki

Riqui: “People are very nervous about my future. I’d like to be with the first team but I’d be delighted to stay another year with Barça B. For sure I won’t be loaned out, it’s very cold outside Barça.”

Alik

It's best for him to stay with Barça B, as there won't be much room in the first team.

He looks promising though.

Danic

He plays like a boss. So promising. I really would like to see him play with our other starters. Yesterday our attackers where a disaster...

Andresito

Staff member
Has a long way. Really poor physical abilities.

People make it sound worse than it is. He's doing just fine at senior level.

Sure he's got plenty to improve, but he's definitely got the potential to become an important player in our squad.

Home of Barca Fans