Mavericky Puig

khaled_a_d

We were better than Chelsea for sure, but we also weren't good and we have nothing but ourselves to blame. The games was in our hands but we played wrong tactics and did fair share of mistakes too.

messi1995

That coward Valverde again didn't call up Riqui. What is he gonna do? Play the whole starting lineup when we already have won the group? Is he gonna play Rakitic again? This shit board sold us lies about Valverde - that he likes to give youth chances. Valverde said that Riqui's time will come but when? In the final game of the season? Even then he will probably be subbed in after 75 min.

I knew Valverde was a midtable coach when this board hired him, but I didn't think he would refuse to play masia players in some games, especially in games like this where we are already qualified. When Pep qualified he played with only masia players. Even played with Tello and Cuenca in CL. And 19 years old Busquets in el clasico. Valverde is a pussy and a coward. I don't expect Valverde to play masia players in every game, but in a meaningless game like this just fill in 3-4 players. Is it impossible? And in some la liga + copa games ofc . Aleña didn't get enough la liga + CL games before he was promoted. He doesn't have some experience thanks to Valverde. Last year Valverde could have given him, but refused. I want Aleña to play full 90 minutes tomorrow and if not Valverde should resign. Riqui deserve to get some chances to for some experience, but Valverde loves Rakitic ofc. Tomorrow I want a midfield trio with Arthur - Vidal - Aleña or Coutinho - Arthur - Aleña. Even Denis too. Busquets should rest and Rakitic can fuck off in some games until he improves. Vidal has performed better than him and deserve to play.

I'm also tired of Barca fans that attack others for wanting masia players to play. Fans would say "we have no time for experiments, play the best player. Fuck off cruyffista's". Then when is the time? When he is 25 years old? Masia players that deserve to play is players that impress in pre season, copa + for the B team. Riqui is one of them and he should get some playing time. He will struggle at first but he will get experience which will help him get game time when he is promoted. That will help him compete with first players + learn from them. Valverde should fuck off to basque country and save Bilbao from relegation instead of destroying Barca. A conservative mid table coach doesn't belong here. I miss Pep 😓

Last edited:

frog-fcb

The b team have a big game this weekend v lleida so im assuming they want to keep there players for it. There is a lot at stake tonight for inter and spurs would it be sporting of us to play a weakened team to give spurs an advantage. And finally if we lose we have to listen the little prem fan boys about being the best etc

messi1995

1. B team is only for development, not results. Ofc you have to win games too, but Barca B is doing well in segunda considering they are a young team. Who cares about a game against Lleida?

2. A player like Riqui should play many games for the B team, but also get opportunity in the first team, especially in a meaningless game like this. Last time Barca gave a La Masia graduate a debut in a European competition was Kaptoum in 2015 (vs Bayer Leverkusen). It's a disgrace. 3 years last time? And you think Valverde will give him playing time in round 16, quarter, semi or finals? It will be 4 years without giving youth players chances. Even Madrid gives more pplaying time. F.ex: Reguilon.

3. Yes ofc we should respect this competetion and play experienced players, but Pep didn't care did he? The most important thing is to give rest to key players. To fill in 3-4 masia players today isn't difficult. Riqui destroyed spurs in the pre season and I know he can do it again. But ok he doesn't have to start but being called up and play atleast from the 60 min is a opportunity he deserve to get.

4. He will play many games for the B team. Why? Because that coward Valverde won't call him up in la liga. So he should atleast play today against spurs and hopefully valverde will get some balls in the future.

5. This is his best opportunity to show what he can do against a tough ball playing team.

Last edited:

Porque

I wanted Riqui to play this game. Its a no risk-high value game that you can test him for free against one of Europe's elite.

PERO, Alena is ahead of Riqui in the pecking order. If Valverde intends to give Alena that very same exposure in a decent 11 by starting Alena in midfield then I will give Valverde a slight pass.

That doesn't excuse Valverde giving Riqui 20-30 minutes at the end of the game though.

jamrock

I don't have a problem with him not playing puig this game actually, wasn't expecting him to.

If he doesn't give Alena at least 30 minutes I will be pissed though.

messi1995

I will be pissed even if he gives Aleña only 30 minutes. We had a 4 goals lead against Espanyol, but Valverde that coward subbed in Denis instead of Aleña. Aleña should play 90 minutes in this meaningless game and if Valverde had som balls he would have given Riqui atleast 30 minutes. If I see Rakitic in the starting lineup I will be so angry.

Valverde even said after the PSV game that he will play youngster, but no he lied again. Fucking basque coward!

Joan

He doesn't use players I want him to as much as I'd like. Basque coward! Fraudverde.

hulinat

Alena is still a Barca B player no matter what bs Valverde says. Its clear that Valverde is obsessed with winning every game whether theyre meaningless or not.
Puig literally just made his debut a few days ago so it wouldnt be fair to throw him to the wolves. If we were leading by 2 goals after the first half there'd be no problem giving him some minutes but were playing against a "tough" team who needs to win this game so no.
Just imagine if Puig played really bad in this game? It could completely fuck up his confidence and Valverde isn't like Pep who's sincerely interested in B team and developing youngsters. I doubt Valverde even follows the B team or communicates with our youth managers. Its just the board who's telling him to give minutes to certain B team players.

Joan

Alena has been officially promoted. And his number has changed (not in the CL where it's against the rules).

hulinat

Alena has been officially promoted. And his number has changed (not in the CL where it's against the rules).

Sure lol. Alena has had 41 minutes of 1st team football this season and 640 minutes for the B team. People can believe whatever they want but I guarantee that he will have at least 2x more minutes played with the B team at the end of the season.
To me he's not a 1st team player even if it officially says so.

Joan

Sure lol. Alena has had 41 minutes of 1st team football this season and 640 minutes for the B team. People can believe whatever they want but I guarantee that he will have at least 2x more minutes played with the B team at the end of the season.
Because he was promoted a few days ago. He's a first team player who won't play for the B team again. How exacty is he a B team player?

Andresito

Staff member

You're as delusional as Messigician.

Aleña CANNOT play for the B-team anymore. It's impossible as he's been promoted.

tacticvarium

[tw]1072485157104484352[/tw]

I think when it comes to a player like Riqui, it's important to be extra careful not to rush his development which, I believe, was one of the reasons why his promotion was so delayed compared to players like Mboula and Oriol who are the same age as him but got always promoted 1-2 years quicker.

There are a lot of individual highlights of Riqui on YouTube but those videos do not show how he's been struggling so far this season. He makes a lot of bad decisions, poor passes and loses the possession often. His contribution in the final third is still not impressive as well. The first half of the season is almost done and he is still struggling to adapt to the league.

This is the reason why I have said that he needs to play better in the Segunda B first in order to get more playing times in the first team.
Physique is obviously not the first priority when it comes to Cruyffian football and a player doesn't need to be a particularly physically strong player in order to succeed but you still have to be physically ready to be able to at least compete with other top players.

Aleñá and Oriol are not physically strong players but they always have been able to deal with the physical pressures even from tall and muscular English or African players. They were able to handle quick promotions and adapt to the 3rd and 2nd divisions quickly but Riqui is not that case. His physique seems even weaker than Iniesta at the same age. A different approach is needed for Riqui's further development. If the B team somehow manages to win the promotion to the Seg A next season, it might be better for him to stay there and get occasional call-ups from the first team.

Home of Barca Fans