Mavericky Puig

fergus90

He was decent yesterday nothing more but what he does have is intelligence, plays the ball and knows where to move instinctively. Also it's refreshing to see someone who doesn't just look for Messi in and around the box too.
He needs more minutes to continue his momentum and i'm not entirely convinced Setien will do that when everyone is fit.

MTL_Barca

He had some good moments but I'm wondering if we are just overrating every little thing he does due to the fact that the other Mids we have are just bad to watch now.

To an extent definitely, i mean it's really not that hard to look good next to all the zombies in the midfield :lol:

Wasn't that great of a game, probably his weakest since the restart, and overall he's still far from being a safe bet as a starter or anything.

But overall he exceeds my expectations so i'm very happy with his performances so far. He showed he can hold his own against physically stronger la liga players what naturally is a big concern given his height/weight so that's already a good start, add the typical la masia traits and it's no surprise he fits in well. Also seems to have the right mentality.

One of the few positive things coming out of this season, together with Fati.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

He was ok.

Looked sharp enough on ball but had some loose moments and was pushed off it a few times.

Started 2nd half poorly though and probably contributed to him coming off although no one who came on or stayed on was any better.

fergus90

He was ok.

Looked sharp enough on ball but had some loose moments and was pushed off it a few times.

Started 2nd half poorly though and probably contributed to him coming off although no one who came on or stayed on was any better.

That 2nd half yesterday was a classic example of the problems that are holding Barca back, awful stuff. The whole team was worse after Puig went off though which shows just show average things have become.

JamDav1982

That 2nd half yesterday was a classic example of the problems that are holding Barca back, awful stuff. The whole team was worse after Puig went off though which shows just show average things have become.

Things at start of second half were just as bad with Puig on to be fair but to take him off and end up with a front four of Alba, Suarez, Messi and Vidal sends out all wrong signals.

It was pure EV tactics.

More or less 442 and let Messi Suarez to stay up park and try to hit on break when other team push men forward.

Horrible to watch.

FinBarcelonafan

Things at start of second half were just as bad with Puig on to be fair but to take him off and end up with a front four of Alba, Suarez, Messi and Vidal sends out all wrong signals.

It was pure EV tactics.

More or less 442 and let Messi Suarez to stay up park and try to hit on break when other team push men forward.

Horrible to watch.

That's when they still had a bit of legs. Now Suarez us useless in counters. Messi slower too. They need a runner badly to counter with them.

khaled_a_d

Next season honeymoon will be over and he will be judged with different lens. He will need to work on those passes and its timing if he wants to cement his place as a starter.

fergus90

I think he's doing fine for someone who's played only a handful of games in an imbalanced and unstructured team, at least he tries to make things happen. Although its inevitable with every average game, his physique will come into question. He shouldn't been seen as a starter in any case and needs time to develop.

Last edited:

xXKonan

He's going to have some stiff Compeition next season if Pedri does indeed stay and gets a sizeable amount of minutes as well.

He may be just 17 but boy he sure does have the talent and potential to really make shit difficult for someone like Puig.

Tackle

People get too high on him when he plays decently and too low when he has a poor performance. Lad has talent, but needs to fill out his body to even have a chance of making it at this level. That is simply reality.

fergus90

People get too high on him when he plays decently and too low when he has a poor performance. Lad has talent, but needs to fill out his body to even have a chance of making it at this level. That is simply reality.

Honestly that first sentence can be applied to fans views on any player everywhere these days. One game and the opinion is swayed.

Home of Barca Fans