Mavericky Puig

navidjaan

RICARD 'Riqui' PUIG

GUBA91y.jpg

Name: Ricard Puig Marti
Born: 13 August, 1999
Position: Midfielder​

Don't know why no one hasn't made one of Riqui yet, given his magical talent.

Riqui, 16, born in August 1999, normally plays at false 9 with striker Abel Ruiz on the left and winger Jordi Mboula on the right, but he can also play in midfield.

He is not known to be a goal scorer, but his technique and natural talent is one of a kind.

Barça TV's Jaume Marcet calls him the most talented player in his age group. An age group filled with great players. Mboula, Ruiz, Monchu, Iñaki Peña, Viedma, Jaime, etc.

You can watch his talents in this short clip.

[tw]686921440688500736[/tw]

Last edited:

LaPulga

Quite the talent, always liked him. Hope he grows a bit, but such a talent and what a 'vista' !!

God Serena

This reminds me... How is Inaki Pena doing as of late? Last I heard of him he was considering leaving but in the end decided to stay, and that was a long time ago.

navidjaan

This reminds me... How is Inaki Pena doing as of late? Last I heard of him he was considering leaving but in the end decided to stay, and that was a long time ago.

He rejected a bid from United and signed a renewal for Barça and got directly promoted to Juvenil A, skipping Juvenil B. He is competing with Andreu Cases for a starting spot, but Cases has been starting the majority of games. However, he is learning more than last year when he was a regular at Cadet A and his team just won everything, without any competition. It's normal for a goalkeeper to be benched and get the extra games in their first Juvenil A year. He is also regularly with Spain's U-17, like now, together with Oriol Busquets. Still very promising. Entering fatal years in his youth development. I think he's a copy of ter Stegen, style-wise, more or less.

God Serena

He rejected a bid from United and signed a renewal for Barça and got directly promoted to Juvenil A, skipping Juvenil B. He is competing with Andreu Cases for a starting spot, but Cases has been starting the majority of games. However, he is learning more than last year when he was a regular at Cadet A and his team just won everything, without any competition. It's normal for a goalkeeper to be benched and get the extra games in their first Juvenil A year. He is also regularly with Spain's U-17, like now, together with Oriol Busquets. Still very promising. Entering fatal years in his youth development. I think he's a copy of ter Stegen, style-wise, more or less.

Does he have a shot of being our B team's first choice in the coming years? He's the one who pulled out all those penalty saves and then scored the winner, right? It'd be great to see him actually make the grade as a professional one day.

khaled_a_d

Does he have a shot of being our B team's first choice in the coming years? He's the one who pulled out all those penalty saves and then scored the winner, right? It'd be great to see him actually make the grade as a professional one day.

I think with the current "firings" his chances are increasing .Ondoa out ,Suarez out (though could be re-signed),Masip is 27 so good chance he might leave and Ortolá might get his place . the GK position isn't gonna be as crowded as it was for Barca B so if he proves himself with Juvenil A team next year he will get his chance IMHO

navidjaan

he dribbles like Messi, such great dribbling and balance and can score too.

Dare i say it? "hes going to win the Ballon Dor very soon"

Why do people HAVE to say this every time they see a technical youth player? Is it some kind of weird verbal tick for Barça fans? Extremely annoying.

Trickykid

Why do people HAVE to say this every time they see a technical youth player? Is it some kind of weird verbal tick for Barça fans? Extremely annoying.
Say what? The Ballon d'or part? That's just Messi10 being Messi10. Look at his posting history. Other than him, I'm not sure what 'people' you're referring to.

Home of Barca Fans