Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

[tw]1191077649910829057[/tw]

Says Puig opened the door to an exit in the January transfer window due to no opportunities in the first team this season.

He should go on loan until our incompetent manager leaves. Hopefully, our next manager has more balls to play youngsters.

BusiTheKing

He shows way too much eagerness and initiative for Valverde's liking. If he passes it back more and moves less off the ball, he might get the chance.

Porque

Way too good for SegundaB. Should never have dropped back down to this level last season.

Makes me laugh though that we are linked to 24year 5ft6 Stefano Sensi who we have the similar profile 5ft7 Riqui Puig who is 20 and rotting without opportunities in the reserves.

Oh but Sensi is stockier than Puig you say? Here is Sensi at 20 just before getting signed by Sassuolo from Cesena (Serie B) in 2016.

stefano-sensi.jpg

RIZALDINHO

we should give him a chance in the first team play with busquets and fdj/arthur. this can be a good midfield. he won't get any better playing in the lower divisons.

mc_lovin

His last game was insane. Technically hes absolutely brilliant even when BBZ wants to convince you he has "average skills". Its just the question whether he can impose his technique to a stronger league (preseason doesnt count). I hope we clear our midfield this winter and give him spot #5/6 in midfield. Alena and Rakitic will be hopefully gone. Hes probably a better impact sub as well.

Messigician

Puig is disgusted by the little involvement that he is having with the first team currently, a step back compared to last season. [cat radio]

Messigician

Puig: "I am not training as much with the first team this season. Last year I was practically in the dynamics of the first team, training with them and playing with Barcelona B. But these things can happen in football. It's difficult."

serghei

Of course he is upset, when he sees Rakitic playing from the bench as if he doesn't care and sprays wrong pass after wrong pass.

Nello

Of course he is upset, when he sees Rakitic playing from the bench as if he doesn't care and sprays wrong pass after wrong pass.
I even think Puig would be a much better impact sub. Might not be as experienced, but offers way more in terms of creativity, dangerous passes and dribbling skills. Which is what you need when you try to win a game, not Rakitic.

Last edited:
I even think Puig would be a much better impact sub. Might not be as experienced, but offers way more in terms of creativity, dangerous passes and dribbling skills. Which is was you need when you try to win a game, not Rakitic.

exactly, like Iniesta when he was young and he was replacing Deco for the last 20-30 min

God Serena

Rakitic getting even a single minute while Puig is ignored perfectly sums up Valverde as a manager, really.

Remember when he came and all anyone would talk about was Valverde nurturing young players? Those were the days.

Messi10

If he was good enough he would of broken in the first team by now. He's 20 years of age not a young kid no more. The new Sergi Samper

Home of Barca Fans