Mavericky Puig

serghei

He need to put muscle mass. This guy has the body of a 13 year old child. He can't be great with this phisique.

I like him but he was flying around from every contact :lol:.

Devils

Ibiza playing very aggressive football and this guy is struggling hard.

Obviously systems and tactics play a role, but it's evident that this guy's tiny frame and build is going to be a big problem for him in the future.

Even small midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva, Pjanic etc...have so much more mass than this kid.

CatalinR10

needs to put on more mass fast if he wants to make it

dude would get bullied even by some 12 yo schoolboys in a football game.

KingLeo10

Ibiza playing very aggressive football and this guy is struggling hard.

Obviously systems and tactics play a role, but it's evident that this guy's tiny frame and build is going to be a big problem for him in the future.

Even small midfielders like Xavi, Iniesta, David Silva, Pjanic etc...have so much more mass than this kid.

And in the case of Xaviesta, infinitely more skill.

Devils

I don't think he's going to make it here. Purely off his physical state.

We were way better when he was taken off, that's just the facts.

Ricky Puig against a team like Granada at Camp Nou who sit back and park the bus = fine
Ricky Puig against any team that aggressively presses and uses physicality against opposition = disaster

Like I said, you have smaller players i.e. Xavi, Silva, Iniesta, Pjanic, Thiago...these players are small but not weak and they weren't easily pushed off the ball.

This guy is tiny and just flat out weak he doesn't have the strength of the players mentioned above.

I don't even needs to bring up teams like Bayern, Liverpool, Atletico etc...this guy would even be out of his depth against Basque team physicality.

Last edited:

Tackle

The new Samper. It should be obvious to most by this point he's not going to make it, but sadly there will be a large crowd holding out until he's 25 and complaining about coaching.

You can make it in football without being physically gifted, but only to a certain extent. When you look like a U13 player at 21 you have no chance. He isn't all that rare of a talent technically either. Xavi and Iniesta were diminutive in stature, but both lads had great balance and enough strength to stay on the ball, especially Xavi. No need to even compare their on ball abilities to Puig. It is an absurd comparison to begin with, but it is the one I've seen many make.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't want to jump to any conclusions, but in any case we have a couple of other promising midfielders coming through + Pedri.

He's not anything like Samper. He can still be a decent squad player while Samper's in Japan.

Home of Barca Fans