Mavericky Puig

FinBarcelonafan

Has any loan worked with any cantera player in the Rosell/Bartomeu era? Meaning, did any return and eventually make it in the 1st team? Rafinha is the closest thing and even he has consistently been on the transfer list

Point is, loans are not a credible way to develop talent at Barcelona - only to accelerate their sales

Has anything worked with LaMasia lately? Nope. Loaning or keeping the players, same shit results. We need complete change of youth program. It's not working at all.

Raketa10

He needs to be forced out on a loan. If he can't understand that one more year with B team will ruin his development he needs to be pushed. Just find a team that will guarantee his playing time and which plays in europa league at least and that's it. Country or name of the club is irrelevant.

hulinat

a loan wouldn't do jack shit, it would just mean that the club has given up to him. either he moves permanently or stays with the b team for 1 season.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Rac1 says he's staying at Barca B for the season.

Thankfully. Disastrous had he left but importantly must be playing as often as possible, even if it will mostly with the B team. He absolutely should be promoted but at a minimum he must see the maximum of 1st team appearances this season

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Thankfully. Disastrous had he left but importantly must be playing as often as possible, even if it will mostly with the B team. He absolutely should be promoted but at a minimum he must see the maximum of 1st team appearances this season

Riqui will get an odd 1-2 copa games and another couple of games if we have an advantage in La Liga. There are Busi, Rakitic, FdJ, Arthur, Roberto, Vidal, Alena, arguably Coutinho, and maybe Rafinha stays as well. If he does, EV will definitely play him instead of Puig. That is 9 midfielders higher than him in the pecking order.

Why would a loan be bad for him? He hasn't played real competitive football in a top league yet, and he certainly won't get it in this season. Next summer he will be 21 already. Has to start getting that experience.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think people fear he will end up like Denis, Munir, and other players we sent out on a loan.

Puig is more talented than all of them IMO. Rafinha was pretty good had he not been so injury prone, had a great loan at Celta with Lucho. Probably not starter level, but we wouldn't be trying to get rid of him today if not for his injuries.

Too bad Girona went down. Would have been a good place for him to go. Close too.

Nello

I think people fear he will end up like Denis, Munir, and other players we sent out on a loan.

Puig is more talented than all of them IMO. Rafinha was pretty good had he not been so injury prone, had a great loan at Celta with Lucho. Probably not starter level, but we wouldn't be trying to get rid of him today if not for his injuries.

Too bad Girona went down. Would have been a good place for him to go. Close too.

It's really tricky for a player like Puig I think. His style of play and abilities limits the amount of suitable teams IMO. A CB like Todibo, could go to most teams in La liga and become a starter. Puig, however, will have much better chances of succeeding in a team with a lot of possession, movement and quick passes, somewhat similar to Barca. But in a team that plays a more physical game, with many long balls, counter attacks and less possession, his qualities won't be appreciated and developed.

I rate Puig quite high, I think his ceiling is higher than Aleña's. He's done really well the few times he's played with the first team, and has already showed glimpses of the creative midfielder he could become. I don't believe his physique will be a big problem at Barca, he shields the ball really well, and is good at accelerating past other players with the ball. Ideally, he'd stay and gets minutes frequently with the first team against small la liga teams, but that's unfortunately very unlikely with Valverde.

Last edited:

BusiTheKing

I don't mind giving him another year in the b team. Top league tempo isn't really an issue with him. What he needs to develop is the sophistication of his game. He moves around with speed and agility but not a whole lot of coolness.

He needs that Iniesta factor of reading difficult situations and unlocking them with simple solutions. That's not something you get from being toughed up to first division. You get that from slowing your game down.

tacticvarium

To be fair, Denis did really well at Sevilla and was one of the key players for Marcelino's Villareal. Munir also did well too which was the main reason why he was brought back. They shouldn't be used as bad loan examples.

I like the kid a lot. Damn i wish Xavi was coaching the team now, he will know how to integrate him and unlock his potential. (just daydreaming though )

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Riqui will get an odd 1-2 copa games and another couple of games if we have an advantage in La Liga. There are Busi, Rakitic, FdJ, Arthur, Roberto, Vidal, Alena, arguably Coutinho, and maybe Rafinha stays as well. If he does, EV will definitely play him instead of Puig. That is 9 midfielders higher than him in the pecking order.

Why would a loan be bad for him? He hasn't played real competitive football in a top league yet, and he certainly won't get it in this season. Next summer he will be 21 already. Has to start getting that experience.

Loans do not work for developing talents at Barcelona, never has and never will. Even if he is limited by Segunda regulations on how many 1st team appearances he can have, practicing & training with the first team has benefits no loan can ever provide

Rafinha, Coutinho & Rakitic need to be shown the exit leaving FDJ, Alena, Roberto, Sergio, Vidal & Arthur - considering the squad included more midfielders last season, there is room for Puig

Nello

Rafinha, Coutinho & Rakitic need to be shown the exit leaving FDJ, Alena, Roberto, Sergio, Vidal & Arthur - considering the squad included more midfielders last season, there is room for Puig

This. I honestly wouldn't miss anyone of them.

Home of Barca Fans