Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

What a load of bollocks. Delusions of grandeur and a prime example of how out of touch the modern Barca fan is.

Puig would get nowhere near the Ajax starting XI. At best he could be a bench warmer there that plays a few meaningless cup matches. Ajax has much better talents worthy of game time.

The likes of Alena and Puig are only considered talents in Barcelona. Even in Spain the U19 team does not rate Puig, nor does the U21 team rate Alena. The aforementioned lads are very average talents in terms of world football.

seriously, why do you hate Barcelona and every tradition/value it represents? Who do you work for really? Barto? Valverde? Real Madrid?

You will be gone soon once your trolling conract is finished, just like every troll before you.

serghei

What a load of bollocks. Delusions of grandeur and a prime example of how out of touch the modern Barca fan is.

Puig would get nowhere near the Ajax starting XI. At best he could be a bench warmer there that plays a few meaningless cup matches. Ajax has much better talents worthy of game time.

The likes of Alena and Puig are only considered talents in Barcelona. Even in Spain the U19 team does not rate Puig, nor does the U21 team rate Alena. The aforementioned lads are very average talents in terms of world football.

:facepalm:

And since you guys love stats, Carles Alena is rated on transfermarkt at 30m. He would be top 5 most valuable players in current Ajax. And you say he could be a bench warmer at Ajax at best.

Can't even stay consistent regarding stats.

Flippy flappy.

If a young player is rated at 30m. under Valverde, his real value is at least 30% higher.

Last edited:

khaled_a_d

And since you guys love stats, Carles Alena is rated on transfermarkt at 30m. He would be top 5 most valuable players in current Ajax. And you say he could be a bench warmer at Ajax at best.

Flippy flappy.

If a young player is rated at 30m. under Valverde, his real value is at least 30% higher.

Do you think Alena would start over either Ziyech or De Beek? May be if one of them leave

Anyway, I think financially stable clubs who competes for trophies are bad choice for loaning talents.
They have no interest in getting someone for a year with no financial or lobg term profit. Usually they do loans for a stop gap player on the bench.

Tackle

Flippy flappy.

:lol::lol::lol:

Sheer muppetry of the highest order.

Mate, do you know the definition of a stat?

A stat is an objective measure. These are the measures I use to supplement my arguments.

There is no objective way to calculate a player's transfer value and no matter what any institution values a player at it can never be proven to be neither accurate or inaccurate. That's why we see such large discrepancies in the transfer values of players depending on the website or institute assigning them. It is a completely subjective matter.

I bet you thought you sounded real brilliant when typing that response though. Keep it up. Being daft is in your DNA.

abbbs97

Kinda want him to stay at the B team cause Pimienta would be much better for his development than Shitverde. You just know that EV will ruin him.

serghei

:lol::lol::lol:

Sheer muppetry of the highest order.

Mate, do you know the definition of a stat?

A stat is an objective measure. These are the measures I use to supplement my arguments.

There is no objective way to calculate a player's transfer value and no matter what any institution values a player at it can never be proven to be neither accurate or inaccurate. That's why we see such large discrepancies in the transfer values of players depending on the website or institute assigning them. It is a completely subjective matter.

I bet you thought you sounded real brilliant when typing that response though. Keep it up. Being daft is in your DNA.

Lol, that's why there are differences in the stats depending on which websites do you look, because they are 'objective'.

Also, the extrapolation between the simple numbers and what they mean is subjective as much as anything. Otherwise we wouldn't have clowns like you around here, who use stats to arrive at the dumbest of conclusions.

Last edited:

tacticvarium

If Aleñá or Puig are not able to become a starter at Ajax, they will never even become a bench player at Barça or other top La Liga teams like Sevilla, Valencia etc. I don't think their ceiling is that low.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
I think he'll make it at the highest level. He'll win the Champions League playing as a starter at least once in his career, if it's here or elsewhere depends on our board.

BBZ8800

I think he'll make it at the highest level. He'll win the Champions League playing as a starter at least once in his career, if it's here or elsewhere depends on our board.

Do you have an explanation why he was never called for a single match of any youth Spanish NT teams?

I guess that all Spanish Nt coaches from the age 15 to 23=don't understand football, unlike our fans, who are able to "see" what no one else sees?

Just ask yourself: if a player is SO GOOD, why would coaches neglect him all the time, call inferior players of the same age and shoot themselves in the foot?

He will be 20 in 2 Months.

LaPulga

Do you have an explanation why he was never called for a single match of any youth Spanish NT teams?

Let's turn things around, do you have an explanation why an inferior player (supposedly, since not called up by NT coaches), manages to get elected best player in many tournaments, shines the brightest in youth league semi and final of last year, outplaying many NT players on both Barça side and on Man City and Chelsea sides ??

Don't tell me it's a fluke...

Look, he was physically behind his peers, and that has had his influences on getting called up.

Now, if you can't see the quality by watching him play, and need to rely on some NT youth team call-ups, that's your problem.

Andresito

Staff member

I guess that all Spanish Nt coaches from the age 15 to 23=don't understand football, unlike our fans, who are able to "see" what no one else sees?

Just ask yourself: if a player is SO GOOD, why would coaches neglect him all the time, call inferior players of the same age and shoot themselves in the foot?

He will be 20 in 2 Months.

Idk man. Not getting called up to the youth NT isn't a dealbreaker.

Usually players in Spain's U21 squad are players who play top tier football, Riqui won't play in Segunda B next season and might get called up soon, so youth caps aren't impossible for him.
Most players in Spain's U21 squad at the Euros are 22-23 years old. It's not even easy for Aleña (who was pretty close to getting called up) let alone Riqui.

If you want I can give you some examples of players who barely played for ANY youth NT:
Xabi Alonso: 1 game for U18, 9 games for U21 during 1 season (meaning it's easy to rack up a number of youth caps during 1 year)
David Villa: 7 games for U21
Busquets: 3 games for U21
Pedro: 2 games for U21

So if you want some conclusions from this:
1. Most influential players for Spain play at least 1 youth NT game. So no youth games = no senior games (BBZ-style conclusion).
2. Riqui has time to get called up, soon 20 years old. (Pedro was 21 when he played for U21, Villa and Alonso were 21-22)
3. I know you shit on Aleña too, so when this generation of players in U21 are too old, he's probably next to be called up.

tacticvarium

But Riqui will have to play in Segunda B again if he stays with the B team and it doesn't look like he will be fully promoted to the first team either. He won't also get enough first team minutes since even Aleñá who is already a first team player is struggling to get minutes under Shitverde. That's why I believe he must leave on loan (Aleñá as well) since it will be at least less meaningless than playing in Segunda B with the B team for two consecutive seasons at age 20.

feggydinho

He just has to leave if he doesn't want to ruin his career, because he is so talented and Barca has so many midfielders.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Puig's case is the perfect barometer of how far off the Cruyff path the club has been driven by Rosell/Bartomeu. There is no question about his qualities and zero reason he shouldn't be part of the first team, the NT callups are irrelevant since they too deviate from the lost Barca profile

He will learn nothing under Valverde and be lucky to play if the last 2 seasons have been any indication. Probably will depend greatly on what happens to Rakitic

Home of Barca Fans