Mavericky Puig

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
He has the highest potential for anyone we have not named Fati (solely due to the fact that goalscorer are always rated higher)
Talent wise he is an Iniesta starter kit, I like what I've seen this year from Puig but I rate Pedri a few levels above him as a talent. But he is more than 3 years younger so longer road ahead of him.

I also think Pedri has more potential but tbh with Puig he is growing to a level where it doesn't make sense to overlook him as a possible long term starter as well. Aggressive with the ball, great dribbling, moves the ball quickly and vertically, great long balls when needed. Defensively too he is way, way better than anyone was willing to give him credit for. It's not a case anymore of "he'd be so good if he were bigger" or "he might be really good in the future". He's genuinely just really good, period.

I hope we can find a way to give them all a real path to claim a role for their own. Maybe eventually in the future with Ansu at CF and Pedri at LW with Puig behind them.

Or, honestly, if Puig can bulk up just a little his defensive pressure and footwork is really at a great level for stealing the ball from other players who are largely slower footed than he is. With his workrate, he can genuinely even contribute to an ADVANTAGE defensively like a fellow small guy Verratti does. Added to that if FDJ develops his defense too and Pedri can have a solid workrate, then they could all play in midfield together.

Of course, these ideas are for years down the line and a lot can happen in that time. However, it's important to ensure that a path is open for that to happen if the players are consistently making a case for themselves to take on more and more responsibility.

xXKonan

I think it's good Puig actually took his chance is doing well.

Takes a lot of pressure off someone like Pedri who can develop at his own pace as this kid is really talented.

MTL_Barca

He is amazing, honestly would've never expected him to adapt so well on this level. Still has a lot to prove of course but it's nice seeing him and Fati do so well.

BBZ8800

Has the workrate of a Kante. Waiting for BBZ to post anything in this thread about his physique. Gone missing hard after Riqui's showing vs Athletic.

Lol.
Why fighting after every match?

A kid played ok.
But the sample is too small, there are no home fans, there is not too much pressure.
Plus, people are in a daydreaming mode since they need some hope for the brigher future.

So, why bother?
Let's wait a few more matches.

mc_lovin

Dont forget that he wasnt called up for youth national teams. Hes a fraud.

On a more serious note: he looks like a good squad/niche player already. Technically he always looked brilliant and miles better than the likes of Denis/Alena. His workrate is insane as well. If we have to play Frenkie with a more defensive midfielder (which looks likely) then Puig (or Pedri for that matter) could be a very good fit.

BBZ8800

On a more serious note: he looks like a good squad/niche player already. Technically he always looked brilliant and miles better than the likes of Denis/Alena. His workrate is insane as well. If we have to play Frenkie with a more defensive midfielder (which looks likely) then Puig (or Pedri for that matter) could be a very good fit.

You are putting all creation and hopes on Puig's shoulders then.

Slow down.

vegitot

He aims for Euro 2021. Next season gonna be his.

vegitot

Lol.
Why fighting after every match?

A kid played ok.
But the sample is too small, there are no home fans, there is not too much pressure.
Plus, people are in a daydreaming mode since they need some hope for the brigher future.

So, why bother?
Let's wait a few more matches.

Fact is Puig played against Atletico double pivot and centre backs but easily dribble past them (6/6 dribbles) and caused them a headache.

He is improving day by day but he is ready to step up.

Hardy

a midfielder able to win 50-50 ball

200.gif

Home of Barca Fans