Mavericky Puig

kilian

He has access to top coaching and guidance. I`m sure they will create a plan for him to develop some lean muscle mass with getting older, without losing agility etc. Bale is a prime example of a player going in the wrong direction. He is strong like a bull, yet very susceptible to injuries. His tendons and joints probably can`t sustain the stress his bulked up muscles cause and that`s why he is injured all the time. Someone fucked up and he is paying the price.

kilian

The dedication that requires is a lot more than just playing football every day. A lot. Just the eating part by itself can be an extremely life changing thing. The amount of calories you need to consume in order to make gains is so sky high to someone that isn't used to it would see themselves as having to scarf down food literally all day, which is what I actually ended up having to do when I wanted to build muscle. Lifting weights is easy but the eating is not, especially if you're still an active athlete.

You do realize that football players probably average 65 to 80 kilos and are not 90+ kg monsters? What you are describing is a bodybuilder life, where you eat like a maniac and lift weights to be a giant. That has nothing to do with pro athletes for whom the more important thing is strength to weight ratio, muscular endurance, agility and stuff like that.

God Serena

You do realize that football players probably average 65 to 80 kilos and are not 90+ kg monsters? What you are describing is a bodybuilder life, where you eat like a maniac and lift weights to be a giant. That has nothing to do with pro athletes for whom the more important thing is strength to weight ratio, muscular endurance, agility and stuff like that.

No, what I am describing is nothing similar to bodybuilding at all. Building muscle requires you to consume a lot of calories. You really think it's possible just by lifting weights without any fuel? God damn that's ignorant of you.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
The dedication that requires is a lot more than just playing football every day. A lot. Just the eating part by itself can be an extremely life changing thing. The amount of calories you need to consume in order to make gains is so sky high to someone that isn't used to it would see themselves as having to scarf down food literally all day, which is what I actually ended up having to do when I wanted to build muscle. Lifting weights is easy but the eating is not, especially if you're still an active athlete.

Eating enough quality food to make sure you gain quality weight is really tough. Agreed.

kilian

No, what I am describing is nothing similar to bodybuilding at all. Building muscle requires you to consume a lot of calories. You really think it's possible just by lifting weights without any fuel? God damn that's ignorant of you.

First, calling someone you don`t know ignorant because he doesn`t agree with you is lame. Really lame. You shouldn`t do that. Especially because you clearly aren`t an expert in this field.

Now to the point. No, I never said that you don`t need fuel, I don`t know how you concluded that from my post, but whatever. You need fuel, but it`s an enormous difference between a 65 kg footballer and 90+ kg bodybuilder or recreational weightlifter. You need to eat well to gain/lose weight, but it`s nowhere near as dramatic as you describe it, especially when you are in a training regime most of your life. The problem is that an average sedentary person isn`t used to a strict regime of training and nutrition, so he finds it overwhelming at the beginning.
I`ve been training for the most of my life (big part of that with a pro coach), so I could say that I have pretty good first-hand experience of how a body works. Not that we are all the same, but general principles apply to everyone.

An athlete who doesn`t want to pack muscles just for show, but for enhancing athletic ability will never eat like a maniac and bulk up in 6-8 months or so. He will follow a strict regime for gaining lean muscle mass little by little at the same time with improving his maximum strength, muscular endurance etc.

God Serena

First, calling someone you don`t know ignorant because he doesn`t agree with you is lame. Really lame. You shouldn`t do that. Especially because you clearly aren`t an expert in this field.

Now to the point. No, I never said that you don`t need fuel, I don`t know how you concluded that from my post, but whatever. You need fuel, but it`s an enormous difference between a 65 kg footballer and 90+ kg bodybuilder or recreational weightlifter. You need to eat well to gain/lose weight, but it`s nowhere near as dramatic as you describe it, especially when you are in a training regime most of your life. The problem is that an average sedentary person isn`t used to a strict regime of training and nutrition, so he finds it overwhelming at the beginning.
I`ve been training for the most of my life (big part of that with a pro coach), so I could say that I have pretty good first-hand experience of how a body works. Not that we are all the same, but general principles apply to everyone.

An athlete who doesn`t want to pack muscles just for show, but for enhancing athletic ability will never eat like a maniac and bulk up in 6-8 months or so. He will follow a strict regime for gaining lean muscle mass little by little at the same time with improving his maximum strength, muscular endurance etc.

I've been playing sports since I was five years old. It doesn't matter what your weight is, you need to consume more calories than you burn in order to gain. Whether your objective is lean mass or bodybuilder mass. There's such a long list of things bodybuilders do that wouldn't be necessary for an athlete trying to gain, such as creatine, whey, waking up for supplements, calculate exact numbers of protein needed, getting a nutritionist, deadlifting, etc. that I could pretty easily call you ignorant because that's exactly how you sound. You have to eat a lot in order to gain weight, especially if you're a scrawny body type like Puig. There's no getting around that and eating large amount of calories isn't just something bodybuilders need to do, and his training besides his weight lifting works to help him build that lean muscle. I don't know where this arbitrary "6-8 months" number comes from but I assume it's probably from your ass.

kilian

I've been playing sports since I was five years old. It doesn't matter what your weight is, you need to consume more calories than you burn in order to gain. Whether your objective is lean mass or bodybuilder mass. There's such a long list of things bodybuilders do that wouldn't be necessary for an athlete trying to gain, such as creatine, whey, waking up for supplements, calculate exact numbers of protein needed, getting a nutritionist, deadlifting, etc. that I could pretty easily call you ignorant because that's exactly how you sound. You have to eat a lot in order to gain weight, especially if you're a scrawny body type like Puig. There's no getting around that and eating large amount of calories isn't just something bodybuilders need to do, and his training besides his weight lifting works to help him build that lean muscle. I don't know where this arbitrary "6-8 months" number comes from but I assume it's probably from your ass.

When you say that athletes don`t need to worry about deadlifting, protein intake and nutrition I`ve heard enough.
You lack knowledge about this topic and try to elevate yourself calling me ignorant etc. I already said that you shouldn`t do that, but it probably comes out of your lack of confidence in this topic.
No point in discussing it any further. Believe whatever you want.

Cheers.

JamDav1982

Clearly has good ability on the ball.

Loves his attitude. Gets stuck in no matter size of opponents.

Def has something about him. Just looks like a player.

M

MessiCam

No it’s not. It is very dependent on build type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph), BMR, REE along with a plethora of other stuff.

I am an ectomorph with a high BMR and as such I had to eat like pig while lifting weights in order to put on minimal amounts of lean mass. I am no bodybuilder either but I had to keep my body in an anabolic state which meant eating large amounts of food all through the day. It’s a horrible thing having to chug down food even when you’re not hungry.

God Serena

No it’s not. It is very dependent on build type (ectomorph, mesomorph, endomorph), BMR, REE along with a plethora of other stuff.

I am an ectomorph with a high BMR and as such I had to eat like pig while lifting weights in order to put on minimal amounts of lean mass. I am no bodybuilder either but I had to keep my body in an anabolic state which meant eating large amounts of food all through the day. It’s a horrible thing having to chug down food even when you’re not hungry.

Apparently you only have to chug food if you're trying to bodybuild.

Too ignorant to bother replying to him further.

Home of Barca Fans