Mavericky Puig

vegitot

I think you were probably in elementary school when Messi started his career. It doesn't matter if he had so much potential at the time, many people like you dismissed him because of his smaller physique and more important his injuries, they say "He has the potential to be the best in the world if it wasn't for his injuries".

Puig definitely not an injury prone so that is a plus, and just like Messi who used to be pushed by bigger opponents but the advantage is we get so many fks and pks especially when those small physique players are technically gifted and can dribble.
Im sorry but Messi at 18 played against Juventus, Chelsea, Real Madrid like a champ and at 21 he was the best player in the world. His physique at that time also was better than Puig now. It is the truth. And Puig is not as gifted as Messi. Not even close. It will be lucky if he is as gifted as Isco but i also dont really think that.

jairzinho

He needs consistent minutes to grow. A loan is the best chance for him to do that. The odd cameo would not do him any good in the long run.

Laplacian

Look at the atrocious midfielders he bought back in Everton, i took the club years to get rid of his players just so they can have a competent midfield again.

George_Costanza

Im sorry but Messi at 18 played against Juventus, Chelsea, Real Madrid like a champ and at 21 he was the best player in the world. His physique at that time also was better than Puig now. It is the truth. And Puig is not as gifted as Messi. Not even close. It will be lucky if he is as gifted as Isco but i also dont really think that.

Messi was given the opportunity thanks to Rijkaard's management and Laporta/Cruyff Leadership. If we had Rosell/Barto back then or people who think like you, he would have been sold to Real Betis. A mistake by Pekerman who though Messi was too young or too weak to face Germany costed the NT the World Cup.

And why the fuck are comparing Puig's talent to Messi? You are going full potato! How this discussion went from comparing sizes to talent?!

FC433

^
I think what he was trying to say was that size/ anything really becomes irrelevant when you are so talented.

vegitot

Messi was given the opportunity thanks to Rijkaard's management and Laporta/Cruyff Leadership. If we had Rosell/Barto back then or people who think like you, he would have been sold to Real Betis. A mistake by Pekerman who though Messi was too young or too weak to face Germany costed the NT the World Cup.

And why the fuck are comparing Puig's talent to Messi? You are going full potato! How this discussion went from comparing sizes to talent?!

Look at Messi at 21 and Puig now, compare their physique. Messi was way bigger, around 67kg. Puig is still under 60kg and way smaller than Messi.

Its true that Rijkaard gave him chance to play but its not like Messi was average before. He was world best youth player in 2005, something Puig is not close to.

Read all my post, i always say he derseve to be a starter but need to bulk up more. Why so many people against it???

George_Costanza

Look at Messi at 21 and Puig now, compare their physique. Messi was way bigger, around 67kg. Puig is still under 60kg and way smaller than Messi.

Its true that Rijkaard gave him chance to play but its not like Messi was average before. He was world best youth player in 2005, something Puig is not close to.

Read all my post, i always say he derseve to be a starter but need to bulk up more. Why so many people against it???

Your perception is total nonsense! Football is perhaps not even the best game to look at size, and definitely doesn't belong to FC Barcelona football philosophy which emphasizes on skill speed and intelligence. What does any footballer need to succeed, regardless of the times they play in? I would say intelligence and awareness most, with a bit of athleticism and good coaching not hurting at all. Another factor to consider about height and weight is what position a player is playing at. Goalkeepers, center backs, and target forwards need to be tall and strong, while a creative midfielder who is small can be better than someone who is tall and big. Lastly, heart is what matters the most not size, and Puig just like the young Messi has more heart than our last season's starting XI combined!

vegitot

Your perception is total nonsense! Football is perhaps not even the best game to look at size, and definitely doesn't belong to FC Barcelona football philosophy which emphasizes on skill speed and intelligence. What does any footballer need to succeed, regardless of the times they play in? I would say intelligence and awareness most, with a bit of athleticism and good coaching not hurting at all. Another factor to consider about height and weight is what position a player is playing at. Goalkeepers, center backs, and target forwards need to be tall and strong, while a creative midfielder who is small can be better than someone who is tall and big. Lastly, heart is what matters the most not size, and Puig just like the young Messi has more heart than our last season's starting XI combined!

None of great players are under 60kg. Physique and fitness are very important part.In fact a player with great physique and fitness level could be a good player without possesing hig football IQ. Meanwhile a high intelligence player without fitness could be a worse one, especially in current football which is fast, strong.

Puig has good stamina which is a good thing, adding more muscle, more weights is all he need to do now in order to impress Koeman.

George_Costanza

None of great players are under 60kg. Physique and fitness are very important part.In fact a player with great physique and fitness level could be a good player without possesing hig football IQ. Meanwhile a high intelligence player without fitness could be a worse one, especially in current football which is fast, strong.

Puig has good stamina which is a good thing, adding more muscle, more weights is all he need to do now in order to impress Koeman.

Bro, just stop it! At the age of 19-20 many players with small frame have similar light weight. You can't call a player at the age of 19-20 great player because he is at the start of his footballing career. What was Modric and Iniesta weight at the same age? Can you guess?!

malvolio

He needs consistent minutes to grow. A loan is the best chance for him to do that. The odd cameo would not do him any good in the long run.

better for everyone. its not as if he is some monster talent. if 3 managers watched him and deemed him not good enough to be a starter then it is better he tries proving himself elsewhere and comes back stronger.

let's see how many clubs are really interested in him.

George_Costanza

There will soon be a meeting between Riqui Puig’s father and his representative to find the best possible solution for Riqui’s future. For now, no offer from Ajax. Koeman and the club considers Ajax to be a great opportunity for Riqui. @ffpolo

Home of Barca Fans