Mavericky Puig

stk93

Is 433 working recently for us?

Don't reply with La liga arguments.
In La liga we could win with every possible formation.

Again, you didn't even give a chance for 4-5 matches to a new formation.

Is this how this season will look like?
In 2018, whenever Arthur, Dembele, Malcom, Alena didn't play, people wanted to sack EV.
2 years later, it seems that EV was a visionary for not playing those clowns.

This season, we will see a meltdown in every match if Ansu and Puig aren't playing, isn't it?

we played 442 on every cl exit
just saying..

BusiTheKing

Some people on here really overestimate the importance of system templates. 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-4-2. They're canvases. You can't gain anything from discussing them in isolation. You can have a 4-4-2 with Dembele and Ansu on the wings and a 4-4-2 with Sergi Roberto and Vidal on the wings and they would be completely different tactical setups.

BBZ8800

Some people here are mentioning Puig at a double pivot.

I hope that they are joking.

If not, it is time to close down our forum for a few weeks until people reset their brains and come back to Earth.

Puig is physically the weakest player in the last 100 years of our history.
These are some names suited for a double pivot: Cocu, Davids, Marquez, Edmilson, Motta, Van Bommel, Xavi, Keita, Busquets, Keita, Rakitic, Vidal, Frenkie, Arthur.

NOT Puig.

Also, if a player (Puig) is good at pressing, it doesn't mean that he is good at defending when the opponent has the ball (imagine Anfield) when you need physique, positioning, interceptions, tackles, headers, blocks, dirty fouls.

You guys are really going overboard with Puig.
3 years ago it was the black Prinze, bigger potential than Mbappe, too fast for his teammates Dembele.
2 years ago it was the 2nd best midfielder in the world, the new Xavi, a guy who would have saved us at Anfield, Arthur.
Now you have just moved your hopes and overhyping to the next guy.

His name is Riki Puig.

I wonder who will be the next overhyped guy in 2021/22 after Puig.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

If not, it is time to close down our forum for a few weeks until people reset their brains and come back to Earth.

These are some names suited for a double pivot: Cocu, Davids, Marquez, Edmilson, Motta, Van Bommel, Xavi, Keita, Busquets, Keita, Rakitic, Vidal, Frenkie, Arthur.

NOT Puig.

Also, if a player (Puig) is good at pressing, it doesn't mean that he is good at defending when the opponent has the ball (imagine Anfield) when you need physique, positioning, interceptions, tackles, headers, blocks, dirty fouls.

3 years ago it was the black Prinze, bigger potential than Mbappe, too fast for his teammates Dembele.
2 years ago it was the 2nd best midfielder in the world, the new Xavi, a guy who would have saved us at Anfield, Arthur.

His name is Riki Puig.

Nobody knows how he will develop but in the most matches which he has played he was our best / second best player on the pitch so he DESERVES atleast a chance to proof himself. What did Busquets do to get a chance ?

BusiTheKing

NOT Puig.

His name is Riki Puig.

Thanks god that we have Pjanic then who is such a physical beast that he doesn't actually need to run anywhere. He will just jog around in his sublime positioning and his muscle mass alone will cause balls to gravitate towards him for MAXIMUM INTERCEPTIONS.

JohnN

Forget about Puig being fit for koemans system. Let's say he is not and that why he doesn't count on him. Ok thus far.
How the hell is Alena good for that system? Puig is a level above Alena at everything. So it really doesn't make sense if Puig goes but Alena stays.
Bad decision in my opinion.

BBZ8800

Forget about Puig being fit for koemans system. Let's say he is not and that why he doesn't count on him. Ok thus far.
How the hell is Alena good for that system? Puig is a level above Alena at everything. So it really doesn't make sense if Puig goes but Alena stays.
Bad decision in my opinion.

Puig moves well and passes well.
He is not physical, can't defend, can't score.

Alena is less technical, more physical, can defend better, can score.

Alena is more of a goalscoring threat as one of 4 attackers in 4231.

Puig scored 2 goals in Barca B career.
Alena scored 18.

I know, but but but: Puig's job is not to score.
Well, in Koeman's 4231, 2 pivots are more like workhorses/defenders and 4 attackers are creative-scorers.
There is no room for Puig's type in 4231.

He is Iniesta's type for 433, the most advanced Cm, who don't have to defend and who connects midfield and attack.

In 4231, he can't play a defensive double pivot, lol.
And he is too sterile for being an attacker.
His skills are "between" defense and midfield, something which 4231 don't need that much.

And as others have said, Coutinho is a Cam, who just won a CL.
Messi is a Cam.
Griezz, a world cup winner.
Plus, Pedri whom all coaches rate higher than Puig.
He is way younger, way more 1st division exerience, more of an all rounder and more physical.

You guys act as if we got rid of prime Iniesta and not a 21 years old guy with weak physique who played 5 senior matches in his life.

I am not sure that he will be a starter in any midtable La liga club, the same as Samper, Alena and Halilovic before him.

JohnN

Alena scored 18.

Well, in Koeman's 4231, 2 pivots are more like workhorses/defenders and 4 attackers are creative-scorers.

He is Iniesta's type for 433, the most advanced Cm, who don't have to defend and who connects midfield and attack.

His skills are "between" defense and midfield, something which 4231 don't need that much.

Messi is a Cam.
He is way younger, way more 1st division exerience, more of an all rounder and more physical.

You guys act as if we got rid of prime Iniesta and not a 21 years old guy with weak physique who played 5 senior matches in his life.

I am not sure that he will be a starter in any midtable La liga club, the same as Samper, Alena and Halilovic before him.

That system can't be the only one they works though.
What I'd we have to revert to 4-3-3? No versatility.

vegitot

Alena scored 18.

Messi is a Cam.

Alena only bigger than Puig. Other than that, he is far worse.

Home of Barca Fans