Mavericky Puig

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I didnt say he did? He is just to small to be a starter, and thats what he is hyped to be by our fanbase

You implied it, quite clearly. Of course he is not good enough to be a starter yet, that's obvious. No one bar a few people said that.

Danic

I just want to see him play with our starters to get a real feeling of what hes capable. No one is hyping him to be an automatic starter.
Would be interesting to see him acting with our usual attackers in front him.

Havesaks

You implied it, quite clearly. Of course he is not good enough to be a starter yet, that's obvious. No one bar a few people said that.

Sry, I ment 'hyped to be a starter in future' and I just have my concern about his physics. The Guy could go for 13-14-15 w/o problem, he has no muscle mass whatsoever. He needs to have basic physical pro foootball conditions even if he has alien technique.

BarçaBarça

I smell Samper 2.0

Nope, Sampers mentality was/is quite weak. My impression is that he is more like Alena in that regard, which is crucial when it comes to breaking through or not.
He is level-headed, no big illusions, loves the club + knows that 1 more year in Barca B with more playing time at first team =/= doom for his career, as others in here thinks. It could very well be the right thing for him to develop, he is still very young (+we shouldn't turn into a kindergarten next year, we should win the league and slowly integrating Alena and De Jong is first priority in midfield, he is second).

tacticvarium

I smell bullshit... What do they even have in common??

Perhaps in terms of wasting time playing with the B team more than one season (regardless of their talents) since he wants to stay instead of leaving on loan.
It will be even more meaningless for Riqui if the B team doesn't manage to win the promotion to Segunda A
(Aleñá also wasted too much time with the B team when it was already obvious that he was too good for Segunda A).

If Raki leaves, I hope we promote him to the first team and not sign any additional midfielder from the outside.
Riqui turns 20 this year already and staying with the B team won't change his situation or develop him further.
If Raki stays or we sign another midfielder, then he must leave on loan.
He needs to make a smart decision here.

Last edited:

Sorin

Riqui Puig with his 14 year old teenager body has more grit and speed than those 2 lumbering oafs we call holding midfielders.

Can also advance a ball more than 2 meters at a time too.

He should get the minutes Rakitic would normally get until the end of season since the Croatian doesn't have any future here but Riqui does. Of course it won't happen with the eunuch at the helm.

cro-man

Did puig ever played with the best available eleven? I would really like to see if he could fill that creative hole in our midfield. I only see him playing with the worst line up. Most of our players doesnt play well under those circumstances but somewhow puig does a decent job but he never gets a chance.

Danic

Did puig ever played with the best available eleven? I would really like to see if he could fill that creative hole in our midfield. I only see him playing with the worst line up. Most of our players doesnt play well under those circumstances but somewhow puig does a decent job but he never gets a chance.

He didnt and thats what his scepticers always ignore...
In the last match you could see how he always wants to get something going but no chance with the 3 ghosts in the front row and valverdes turtle tactics.

Howlgrana

Quite frankly it's a disgraceful attitude to keep saying 'this player is not ready yet', the player will never be ready until you play them. We need a manager with the authority, vision and balls to play youngsters and forego the old veterans in the squad. Like I keep saying - look at the EPL managers at the top 3 clubs there, Pep, Klopp and Poch are saying 'fuck the risk I believe in these young players' and surprise, surprise, the youngsters at these clubs are fucking thriving and have paid back the risk.

But with EV in charge we might as well sell all of these prospects, we have players like Arturo Vidal taking up their positions on the field...

Dinho10

Quite frankly it's a disgraceful attitude to keep saying 'this player is not ready yet', the player will never be ready until you play them. We need a manager with the authority, vision and balls to play youngsters and forego the old veterans in the squad. Like I keep saying - look at the EPL managers at the top 3 clubs there, Pep, Klopp and Poch are saying 'fuck the risk I believe in these young players' and surprise, surprise, the youngsters at these clubs are fucking thriving and have paid back the risk.

But with EV in charge we might as well sell all of these prospects, we have players like Arturo Vidal taking up their positions on the field...

Some players are not really ready no matter how times he plays look at Samper for example. Puig either need to bulk up or risk wasting his career because of his weak body

Home of Barca Fans