Mavericky Puig

Danic

Valverde should just give him a chance. Midfield couldnt be much worse then yesterday. He can only win.

Sorin

Is there no one in La Liga who wants Riqui for a 1 or 2 year long loan? He is way above Segunda B, he needs minutes against superior teams ffs. No one at the club can see this?

EdmondDantes

[tw]1172913156789653504[/tw]

We should have really cleared the midfield so this lad could have some serious minutes with us this season.

He scored a goal on top of that today.

Sorin

Riqui is being wasted in segunda B. The board and Valverde have some explaining to do on why they didn't tell him that he won't get any minutes this season with the first team. I'm sure he would've chosen to go on loan if the manager would have been straight with him. So now, instead of developing against first league teams, he develops against the likes of Nastic. He'll then need another year of adapting to the speed and power first league level players. What a mess!

FinBarcelonafan

I feel like we are not doing the smartest thing with prospects. We should loan these guys to team's like Dortmund/Ajax or whatever good quality team could use them as a starter. Look how much DeJong, Deligt improved last season. They are never going to improve much if they keep playing vs poor opponents. Puiq is staying in his comfort zone and it's slowing down his progress.

Alena is great example. Wasted career so far. He could be already much higher level if he left Barca already. These players need proper competition not Barca B playing in low level league.

Even City has deal with Girona. We should have similar deals with team's like that.

mc_lovin

Loaning talents out is not an universal treatment to make them great. Its not that simple. But as with all players, its a combination of being at the right place at the right moment. When I look at Puig he lacks the necessary physique for now. He wont get magically stronger playing in a tougher league but rather as a natural process (or he doesnt and becomes a side note). I think its more important to give him real possibilities next season if hes ready.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]1172913156789653504[/tw]

We should have really cleared the midfield so this lad could have some serious minutes with us this season.

He scored a goal on top of that today.

Gotta keep dead men like Rakitic and guard 5-1 results. Can't risk talents like Puig there!

EdmondDantes

I'm thinking even being 6th choice here isn't good enough for him. A loan would have been much better. He should be playing first division football this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
He should be getting minutes when we are looking secure and starting easier matches.

Fati was thrown in without any plan. Starts a match against Valencia.

There's no idea or planning whatsoever for these kids. It's either you don't exist or you're thrown to the wolves.

Kids need to be eased in like any normal manager would do.

Alik

He should be getting minutes when we are looking secure and starting easier matches.

Fati was thrown in without any plan. Starts a match against Valencia.

There's no idea or planning whatsoever for these kids. It's either you don't exist or you're thrown to the wolves.

Kids need to be eased in like any normal manager would do.

True. The problem is the squad is just way too large. Even Aleña was not even called up.

Best option for both should have been a loan, I think.

Home of Barca Fans