Mavericky Puig

BarçaBarça

What a crowdpleaser... But I want to see him get gametime before I salute Setién.

A bit sad that Alena is gone now, he would get the chance under Setién I think.

Riordon

Puig will make it at the top level, I’m sure about that. This is probably the best thing about us getting Setien.

xXKonan

MD and Cat Radio say he's basically a first-team player now.

But I'm going to hold off a bit and see if it's true.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I have been convinced about Setien for some time, everything coming together - later than it should've been but it is what it is with Barto. Now let's see how we can recover from the lack of Suarez

serghei

Even if he doesn't start, if we build a good lead he will get minutes. Which is what is all about. Using matches which are won by min 60 to give chances to young players.

mc_lovin

Even if he doesn't start, if we build a good lead he will get minutes. Which is what is all about. Using matches which are won by min 60 to give chances to young players.

Honestly, it would suck. Busquets-Vidal-Rakitic is just redundant as hell. Now is the time to make a statement.

gregorrin10

Would be a dream to see him start against Granada.

I know it's unlikely but one can dream.

With De Jong out, and Arthur still questionable, I really don't think it's as unlikely as you think. I honestly don't think Setien after all the good vibes he's been receiving from the Barca community in his first week, would risk throwing it all away with fielding that famous Raki-Busquets-Vidal midfield, even if/when we'll play a totally different game and actually have a system, so after some time with trained Rakitic and Vidal it might not be the worst midfield ever, but right now in this position and in his first game, and after all the reports how he and his staff love Riqui, I can't imagine he wouldn't do it, if Raki, Busquets and Vidal would be his only other choices. And it helps that it's Granada at home, the kind of game we would expect Puig to start anyway, if he was with the first team permanently, which he seems to be now, at least for the next 6 months with Alena out on loan and having that extra spot (with Suarez out, even two extra spots) on the first team.

But I think Arthur is actually OK to start already too, and that he will, I mean the guy trained for the whole week, basically was magically back to full strength the minute Setien came in.;)

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans