User Tag List

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 61 to 70 of 70

Thread: Richard 'Riqui' Puig

  1. #61
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He has access to top coaching and guidance. I`m sure they will create a plan for him to develop some lean muscle mass with getting older, without losing agility etc. Bale is a prime example of a player going in the wrong direction. He is strong like a bull, yet very susceptible to injuries. His tendons and joints probably can`t sustain the stress his bulked up muscles cause and that`s why he is injured all the time. Someone fucked up and he is paying the price.

  2. #62
    Junior Member
    LaPulga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    134
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

  3. #63
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    The dedication that requires is a lot more than just playing football every day. A lot. Just the eating part by itself can be an extremely life changing thing. The amount of calories you need to consume in order to make gains is so sky high to someone that isn't used to it would see themselves as having to scarf down food literally all day, which is what I actually ended up having to do when I wanted to build muscle. Lifting weights is easy but the eating is not, especially if you're still an active athlete.
    You do realize that football players probably average 65 to 80 kilos and are not 90+ kg monsters? What you are describing is a bodybuilder life, where you eat like a maniac and lift weights to be a giant. That has nothing to do with pro athletes for whom the more important thing is strength to weight ratio, muscular endurance, agility and stuff like that.

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilian View Post
    You do realize that football players probably average 65 to 80 kilos and are not 90+ kg monsters? What you are describing is a bodybuilder life, where you eat like a maniac and lift weights to be a giant. That has nothing to do with pro athletes for whom the more important thing is strength to weight ratio, muscular endurance, agility and stuff like that.
    No, what I am describing is nothing similar to bodybuilding at all. Building muscle requires you to consume a lot of calories. You really think it's possible just by lifting weights without any fuel? God damn that's ignorant of you.

  5. #65
    SiempreBlaugrana
    KingMessi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    Posts
    13,344
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    The dedication that requires is a lot more than just playing football every day. A lot. Just the eating part by itself can be an extremely life changing thing. The amount of calories you need to consume in order to make gains is so sky high to someone that isn't used to it would see themselves as having to scarf down food literally all day, which is what I actually ended up having to do when I wanted to build muscle. Lifting weights is easy but the eating is not, especially if you're still an active athlete.
    Eating enough quality food to make sure you gain quality weight is really tough. Agreed.

    QUE D10S NOS PROTEJA

  6. #66
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    No, what I am describing is nothing similar to bodybuilding at all. Building muscle requires you to consume a lot of calories. You really think it's possible just by lifting weights without any fuel? God damn that's ignorant of you.
    First, calling someone you don`t know ignorant because he doesn`t agree with you is lame. Really lame. You shouldn`t do that. Especially because you clearly aren`t an expert in this field.

    Now to the point. No, I never said that you don`t need fuel, I don`t know how you concluded that from my post, but whatever. You need fuel, but it`s an enormous difference between a 65 kg footballer and 90+ kg bodybuilder or recreational weightlifter. You need to eat well to gain/lose weight, but it`s nowhere near as dramatic as you describe it, especially when you are in a training regime most of your life. The problem is that an average sedentary person isn`t used to a strict regime of training and nutrition, so he finds it overwhelming at the beginning.
    I`ve been training for the most of my life (big part of that with a pro coach), so I could say that I have pretty good first-hand experience of how a body works. Not that we are all the same, but general principles apply to everyone.

    An athlete who doesn`t want to pack muscles just for show, but for enhancing athletic ability will never eat like a maniac and bulk up in 6-8 months or so. He will follow a strict regime for gaining lean muscle mass little by little at the same time with improving his maximum strength, muscular endurance etc.

  7. #67
    Senior Member
    khaled_a_d's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Cairo
    Posts
    7,169
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaPulga View Post
    How tall is this guy? he looks like Verratti type of height here in this picture

  8. #68
    Senior Member
    God Serena's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Posts
    4,272
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kilian View Post
    First, calling someone you don`t know ignorant because he doesn`t agree with you is lame. Really lame. You shouldn`t do that. Especially because you clearly aren`t an expert in this field.

    Now to the point. No, I never said that you don`t need fuel, I don`t know how you concluded that from my post, but whatever. You need fuel, but it`s an enormous difference between a 65 kg footballer and 90+ kg bodybuilder or recreational weightlifter. You need to eat well to gain/lose weight, but it`s nowhere near as dramatic as you describe it, especially when you are in a training regime most of your life. The problem is that an average sedentary person isn`t used to a strict regime of training and nutrition, so he finds it overwhelming at the beginning.
    I`ve been training for the most of my life (big part of that with a pro coach), so I could say that I have pretty good first-hand experience of how a body works. Not that we are all the same, but general principles apply to everyone.

    An athlete who doesn`t want to pack muscles just for show, but for enhancing athletic ability will never eat like a maniac and bulk up in 6-8 months or so. He will follow a strict regime for gaining lean muscle mass little by little at the same time with improving his maximum strength, muscular endurance etc.
    I've been playing sports since I was five years old. It doesn't matter what your weight is, you need to consume more calories than you burn in order to gain. Whether your objective is lean mass or bodybuilder mass. There's such a long list of things bodybuilders do that wouldn't be necessary for an athlete trying to gain, such as creatine, whey, waking up for supplements, calculate exact numbers of protein needed, getting a nutritionist, deadlifting, etc. that I could pretty easily call you ignorant because that's exactly how you sound. You have to eat a lot in order to gain weight, especially if you're a scrawny body type like Puig. There's no getting around that and eating large amount of calories isn't just something bodybuilders need to do, and his training besides his weight lifting works to help him build that lean muscle. I don't know where this arbitrary "6-8 months" number comes from but I assume it's probably from your ass.

  9. #69
    Senior Member

    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    713
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by God Serena View Post
    I've been playing sports since I was five years old. It doesn't matter what your weight is, you need to consume more calories than you burn in order to gain. Whether your objective is lean mass or bodybuilder mass. There's such a long list of things bodybuilders do that wouldn't be necessary for an athlete trying to gain, such as creatine, whey, waking up for supplements, calculate exact numbers of protein needed, getting a nutritionist, deadlifting, etc. that I could pretty easily call you ignorant because that's exactly how you sound. You have to eat a lot in order to gain weight, especially if you're a scrawny body type like Puig. There's no getting around that and eating large amount of calories isn't just something bodybuilders need to do, and his training besides his weight lifting works to help him build that lean muscle. I don't know where this arbitrary "6-8 months" number comes from but I assume it's probably from your ass.
    When you say that athletes don`t need to worry about deadlifting, protein intake and nutrition I`ve heard enough.
    You lack knowledge about this topic and try to elevate yourself calling me ignorant etc. I already said that you shouldn`t do that, but it probably comes out of your lack of confidence in this topic.
    No point in discussing it any further. Believe whatever you want.

    Cheers.

  10. #70
    President of FC Barcelona
    DonAK's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    22,835
    Blog Entries
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    His first touch, passing and vision is amazing.

Tags for this Thread