Mavericky Puig

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Seem to do quite well in those duels.

If he can add some muscle and get a bit stronger, he could become a formidable AM.

Zinedinho

But?

When you say we or I know three times, there's always a but...

But... nothing. Sorry if my post sounds like something's missing. Time will tell, but I like how he's developing. I thought he would struggle due to lack of strength, but I really like his attitude. He's adapting pretty well to Juvenil.

Last edited:

DonAK

But... nothing. Sorry if my post sounds like something's missing. Time will tell, but I like how he's developing. I thought he would struggle due to lack of physicality, but I really like his attitude.

Was kind of confused tbh :lol:

Yeah, he seem to be progressing well. Fingers crossed. Let's see what his future holds.

God Serena

He's almost certainly not going to pack on any muscle going forward, so let's throw that idea out of the window now. Either he makes it with the body he has now, or he fails to adapt to more physical leagues and fizzles out.

DonAK

If Verratti can make it, then he got every chance to do the same.

As for not packing any muscle going forward then Neymar did so when he arrived at Barca. Just a bit can help him, but even if not, he seem to be able to cope better than thought in physical duels.

God Serena

If Verratti can make it, then he got every chance to do the same.

As for not packing any muscle going forward then Neymar did so when he arrived at Barca. Just a bit can help him, but even if not, he seem to be able to cope better than thought in physical duels.

Neymar even at his most muscular is only like 140-150 lbs. Not really that impressive, I've been more muscular than that most of my teenage life and I only work out somewhat casually. Not sure what he weighed when he first got here but he's always been a small thing, to me. Verratti isn't a very good example, either. The guy is a Xavi regen, Puig isn't so lucky as to have such a play style.

Key for Puig will be stopping his size from holding him back. If he battles for the ball the way he does even against players who would want to bully him, then yeah, he might have a chance.

messi1995

Riqui Puig training with the first team today ☺
"But but a football player needs to be physically strong like shawcross to succeed".

God Serena

Riqui Puig training with the first team today ☺
"But but a football player needs to be physically strong like shawcross to succeed".

1.) Nobody has ever said that.
2.) Training with the first team is not a sign of success, especially during international break.

Alik

Why can't he pack on muscle? You can always gain muscle if you eat well and lift weights.

Some players that packed on muscle before have become slower, clumsier and more injury-prone. It's not necessarily the best option, if you're not a defender or 9.

God Serena

Why can't he pack on muscle? You can always gain muscle if you eat well and lift weights.

The dedication that requires is a lot more than just playing football every day. A lot. Just the eating part by itself can be an extremely life changing thing. The amount of calories you need to consume in order to make gains is so sky high to someone that isn't used to it would see themselves as having to scarf down food literally all day, which is what I actually ended up having to do when I wanted to build muscle. Lifting weights is easy but the eating is not, especially if you're still an active athlete.

Home of Barca Fans