Mavericky Puig

George_Costanza

Screen-Shot-2020-04-13-at-4-40-29-PM.png

JamDav1982

Puig plays as a AM in that B team with a lot of freedom there is no role like that in first team.

Put FDJ or Arthur in that role in a level 3/4/5 times lower than La Liga and they would absolutely dominate even if not their natural position.

Those stats produced also show how much he lacks defensively.

Collado is the better players for me if they are looking to promote one.

Most likely Puig ends up on loan at some mid tier team and doesnt play all that regularly would be my guess for next season.

George_Costanza

Puig plays as a AM in that B team with a lot of freedom there is no role like that in first team.

Put FDJ or Arthur in that role in a level 3/4/5 times lower than La Liga and they would absolutely dominate even if not their natural position.

Those stats produced also show how much he lacks defensively.

Collado is the better players for me if they are looking to promote one.

Most likely Puig ends up on loan at some mid tier team and doesnt play all that regularly would be my guess for next season.

You did reply to the guy who posted these stats on Twitter lol

Messi983

Lol at comparing stats of players playing against totally different level of competition just to make this guy look good.

xXKonan

What has he got that countless other small Spanish midfielders haven't? I don't see it
Good sir he's from La Masia that automatically makes him special. :lucho:

Kidding of course, but while he does have some great attributes but if you ask me his lack of physicality could very well be one of the biggest reasons why he may struggle to get a real chance here. Sure we joke around about BBZ's obsession with Muscle but in this case we can say for sure that Puig looks way too skinny.

Sure technique counts a lot but you also still need the physicality to an extent or you're going to get bullied way to easily. We have had a number of small Midfielders and other players but they at least made sure to strengthen up to an extent where they won't be bullied so easily. With Puig I see a very talented player but one that may have a hard time due to his current size.

Andresito

Staff member
Despite all the issues with his lean body (which I agree with) I've never seen a game where he's gotten dominated physically.

Maybe it's more obvious in training, but I still think he deserves a proper chance.

Home of Barca Fans