Mavericky Puig

Arnaez

People basically hype up Puig to make a point about wasted La Masia talent, seems a nice kid but he's really nothing special at all.

Last edited:

serghei

Based on his calculations LaMasia or almost any prospect fails. Easy to predict when the chance to make it is 10%. You will look like genius 90% of the time.

Yea, that's predicting at poker you won't have a full house in the next 10 hands.

So if you care that much to be right most of the time, just predict everyone or almost everyone will be shit, BBZ way, and you have the best chances statistically.

What these guys don't understand is that nobody demands players to be played if they don't convince. But give them chances ffs, and then decide... Like Lucho did with Munir and Sandro. Got several games, they showed they aren't good enough and we moved them. Fair enough.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
And even when Munir and Sandro turned out to not be good enough they managed to contribute in some games so they weren't THAT bad.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Not sure why we're bashing him. All he did was play great 20 mins against Granada, played a bad game against a Segunda B team in which everyone was terrible and then basically had no chances. But I agree he's not going anywhere with 56 kg as a CM lol. Even Insigne is 59, Giovinco is 62 and Mertens is 61, and they are wingers/attacking third players. It's clear Setien doesn't play him because we really needed wins in all of those games after the Valencia debacle. I expect him to get a chance or two if we do well in La Liga.

khaled_a_d

Based on his calculations LaMasia or almost any prospect fails. Easy to predict when the chance to make it is 10%. You will look like genius 90% of the time.

That is BBZ main point actually. He always argues that it is very unlikely we will see a La Masia success and people should stop following "the next big thing" and blaming coaches for not promoting them.
And sometimes he makes exceptions (did it before with both Alena & Samper) or take it in depth with a certain player like Puig.

And even when Munir and Sandro turned out to not be good enough they managed to contribute in some games so they weren't THAT bad.

Not really, tbh both player could have had a better career if they weren't rushed to 1st team.
They hadn't been consistent in B team before they were promoted.

KingLeo10

I predict that 99% of the people alive today will be dead by 2075.

You guys are too optimistic and naive.

This is the insidious BBZ line of reasoning and why we don't like it. If he was more nuanced, it would be another matter. He isn't even nuanced about Arthur. In fact, he rates Arthur below Andre Gomes based solely on physical attributes. How do you explain that [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]?

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
I predict that 99% of the people alive today will be dead by 2075.

You guys are too optimistic and naive.

This is the insidious BBZ line of reasoning and why we don't like it. If he was more nuanced, it would be another matter. He isn't even nuanced about Arthur. In fact, he rates Arthur below Andre Gomes based solely on physical attributes. How do you explain that [MENTION=11668]khaled_a_d[/MENTION]?

he explained his position in forum de amigos thread. Basically confessed he does it just to spite lovers of possession football.

KingLeo10

he explained his position in forum de amigos thread. Basically confessed he does it just to spite lovers of possession football.

Yeah, it was more of a rhetorical question on my end. I know BBZ's position/game but I wanted to see what Khaled had to say in defense of this. And that too because his prior post gave the impression that he thought BBZ's take on things was the more reasonable approach.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Not really, tbh both player could have had a better career if they weren't rushed to 1st team.
They hadn't been consistent in B team before they were promoted.

I'm not too sure about that. Both are very limited players. Munir is a physically weak striker that's slow. Sandro is a technically limited forward with little understanding of the game.

serghei

I'm not too sure about that. Both are very limited players. Munir is a physically weak striker that's slow. Sandro is a technically limited forward with little understanding of the game.

Pretty much. They were typical players who deserve to get a chance, but aren't good enough to make something of it at Barcelona. Like Jeffren before for example.

Gnidrologist

Not sure why we're bashing him. All he did was play great 20 mins against Granada, played a bad game against a Segunda B team in which everyone was terrible and then basically had no chances. But I agree he's not going anywhere with 56 kg as a CM lol. Even Insigne is 59, Giovinco is 62 and Mertens is 61, and they are wingers/attacking third players. It's clear Setien doesn't play him because we really needed wins in all of those games after the Valencia debacle. I expect him to get a chance or two if we do well in La Liga.
I wonder how he'd do on the wing actually. He seems to have attributes for that position and size/brawn really can be a dump stat in that role, if one has other feats to compensate.

khaled_a_d

Which part of my post I said that BBZ is right in every topic? I don't read all threads and half of his posts,especially those in player section, is either I miss or I don't read.

As I always say, I prefer to talk about an opinion rather than the persons who say it. The BBZ POV on La Masia was the only thing I pointed to.

And his point on La Masia is actually true. People get obsessed with it when it is actually more miss than hit. As you say it should be easy as predicting that 90% of the people alive today will be dead by 2075., but yet every overhyped prospects get people fooled over and over again. BBZ himself was guilty of that many times.

God Serena

Which part of my post I said that BBZ is right in every topic? I don't read all threads and half of his posts,especially those in player section, is either I miss or I don't read.

As I always say, I prefer to talk about an opinion rather than the persons who say it. The BBZ POV on La Masia was the only thing I pointed to.

And his point on La Masia is actually true. People get obsessed with it when it is actually more miss than hit. As you say it should be easy as predicting that 90% of the people alive today will be dead by 2075., but yet every overhyped prospects get people fooled over and over again. BBZ himself was guilty of that many times.

This is completely unrelated to the argument at hand, but despite your views still somewhat aligning with what I'm used to, your voice overall has changed drastically at some point. Like, you're typing in full, proper grammar and everything. Perfect use of commas and capitalization outside of one minor mistake that could easily be a typo, and your tone overall has become more aggressive.

Are you really khaled?

Home of Barca Fans