Mavericky Puig

Alik

Interestingly nobody is talking about Setien's handling of Puig. He has played "great" 20 minutes against a 10-man Granada team and didn't get a chance since then and has now been sent back to Barça B. If EV would do the same there would be 10 pages here complaining how stupid he is to not build on his confidence after a great game he just had,... :D

You're trolling right?

clemente

Interestingly nobody is talking about Setien's handling of Puig. He has played "great" 20 minutes against a 10-man Granada team and didn't get a chance since then and has now been sent back to Barça B. If EV would do the same there would be 10 pages here complaining how stupid he is to not build on his confidence after a great game he just had,... :D

EV never played Puig in his life, why would there out of nowhere be 10 pages of complaining?

BBZ8800

EV has ruined Puig's career and nobody can fix him anymore.
He had a promising career, even though not a single coach ever has used him, but that was just a coincidence.
Stop trolling and posting nonsense.

Look at Frenkie and other guys.
They were only 6 Months under EV but he has ruined them so much that they will need 3-4 years to get back to form.

Or fitness of our players.
EV has trained them so bad that we will hear excuses about that for 10 years.
Kids who are now aged 15 will have a poor stamina aged 25, in 2030, due to EV.

Accept it.
Or you are just a troll and a cancer on this forum.

aragorn

EV has ruined Puig's career and nobody can fix him anymore.
He had a promising career, even though not a single coach ever has used him, but that was just a coincidence.
Stop trolling and posting nonsense.

Look at Frenkie and other guys.
They were only 6 Months under EV but he has ruined them so much that they will need 3-4 years to get back to form.

Or fitness of our players.
EV has trained them so bad that we will hear excuses about that for 10 years.
Kids who are now aged 15 will have a poor stamina aged 25, in 2030, due to EV.

Accept it.
Or you are just a troll and a cancer on this forum.

Looks like this guy still has EV's thingie in his mouth!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

The atmosphere has dramatically changed, from inclusion of the player & touting his virtues to nothing

But equally, the most pressing concerns atm are in defense & attack which is compounded by Alba's injury

serghei

He needs to bulk up a bit, or else he doesn't have a chance at the highest level. Not ready for proper first team football as of now imo.

Latschenkiefer

I thought BBZ was trolling when he wrote that Puig weighs 56 kg. Couldn't believe my eyes when I looked it up.

What the hell were the Masia coaches doing with him? Did nobody tell him to go to the gym? I think he should gain at least 8 kg before playing in La Liga again.

FinBarcelonafan

I thought BBZ was trolling when he wrote that Puig weighs 56 kg. Couldn't believe my eyes when I looked it up.

What the hell were the Masia coaches doing with him? Did nobody tell him to go to the gym? I think he should gain at least 8 kg before playing in La Liga again.

Yes. How the hell they didn't focus on this before? He is not that young anymore. Very talented, but physically he is 15 years old or worse.

tacticvarium

It's simple actually. He is just not good enough. Some occasional flashy skills won't justify that. He won some MVPs during a few youth tournaments but he actually never consistently standed out as the best player in his age groups during La Masia days and now he is turing 21 yo this year and he is still not good enough for La Liga. Remember how good world class talents midfielders were at that age? Riqui is done here and should look for an opportunity outside.

Last edited:

God Serena

I still find it laughable that the hype over his fancy flicks and dribbles had so many fully convinced he'd be so much better than Alena.

If your size is too much of a barrier for a manager like Setien who fully subscribes to both your passing style of play and La Masia, then perhaps you should bulk up. I literally weighed 56kg at 15 years old and I had to have an IV that drip fed me nutrients and I had to carry them in a backpack everywhere I went. Not a good look for a fully grown man trying to compete at the highest level.

Alik

No, just interested why people have double standards here.
It's only a double standard if the situations are comparable.

The only times people have complained about EV messing with someone's confidence have been with Semedo and with Malcom. Both players are/were important in a thin squad in those respective positions. They were also players specifically bought for the first team to be integrated immediately.

Riqui just had his debut and thanks to this manager, after playing in Barça B. He hasn't even been promoted yet. He also has far more players ahead of him in the pecking order than Semedo and Malcom have/had. Nobody expected him to play an important role in this season, like those other 2 were.

Home of Barca Fans