Mavericky Puig

Sorin

Apparently e himself rejected the idea of getting loaned

The board tried to sell Rakitic tbh. They didn't get any acceptable offer.
And even then, he will have Busquets/Vidal/Alena/FDK/Arthur/Roberto ahead of him

Yeah, I know about Puig's desire to stay. I still think that if EV would've said to him that he won't count on him or advise him at least of going to another team in La Liga to get meaningful minutes he would've accepted.

Regarding what you replied to Barcaman, that's another issue and another reason for why both Alena and Puig are not in ideal situation for their development at this moment. The squad planning, especially for midfielders has been a mess this summer. Rakitic was either in the Neymar deal or sold to another team, Vidal was also rumored to go and so on and so forth. Nothing was set in stone from the beginning so that both players and the manager would have a clue. The board thought that they would have the cake and eat it too. I'm sure both Alena and Puig were told that Rakitic and possibly others would be leaving and that they would get enough game time. I refuse to believe any sane player would want to stay is they were told that they would have limited minutes straight up. We are now stuck with 7 CM + Puig.

khaled_a_d

Yeah, I know about Puig's desire to stay. I still think that if EV would've said to him that he won't count on him or advise him at least of going to another team in La Liga to get meaningful minutes he would've accepted.

Regarding what you replied to Barcaman, that's another issue and another reason for why both Alena and Puig are not in ideal situation for their development at this moment. The squad planning, especially for midfielders has been a mess this summer. Rakitic was either in the Neymar deal or sold to another team, Vidal was also rumored to go and so on and so forth. Nothing was set in stone from the beginning so that both players and the manager would have a clue. The board thought that they would have the cake and eat it too. I'm sure both Alena and Puig were told that Rakitic and possibly others would be leaving and that they would get enough game time. I refuse to believe any sane player would want to stay is they were told that they would have limited minutes straight up. We are now stuck with 7 CM + Puig.

I think the intention was to sell Rakitic, open things up for Arthur/FDJ starting and Alena getting more minutes.
See how Alena reacts and move Vidal out next summer. If Alena is good he stays and if fails he is out. Same for Roberto as midfielder. If he is success he stays in midfield if fails he is back to defense.
This could have opened one slot this year in addition to potential 3 slots next one. But that plan has failed early on, whether it is their fault or the market didn't do them any favor I don't know.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
True. The problem is the squad is just way too large. Even Aleña was not even called up.

Best option for both should have been a loan, I think.

Yeah. And to be fair, seems like Bartomeu (against Valverde, mind you) wanted Rakitic sold.

We'll see what happens but unless we face major injury crisis in midfield, there is no way Puig will get a chance to play.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Club has to get things in order, move the deadweight & bring Puig into the 1st team - he has no business in the segunda

Messi983

Thats super nasty. How long he will be out? No red card for this?!

Didn't see anything about Puig being injured so thankfully it seems he's ok. TBH I think he could also avoid these situation and not run at defenders in the last seconds of the game with a 3-0 lead but refs should obviously do a lot better job of protecting the most skilled players in the lower leagues.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Left on a stretcher after getting tackled viciously. It was bound to happen. So many of these players in the lower leagues are scums that won't get to the next level and go violently after players like him, with the referees doing fuck all about it.

khaled_a_d

Left on a stretcher after getting tackled viciously. It was bound to happen. So many of these players in the lower leagues are scums that won't get to the next level and go violently after players like him, with the referees doing fuck all about it.

[tw]1185609136395952128[/tw]

Segunda B is the best for player development, but that shit is surely the downside of it.

xXKonan

[tw]1191077649910829057[/tw]

Says Puig opened the door to an exit in the January transfer window due to no opportunities in the first team this season.

Home of Barca Fans