Mavericky Puig

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
Very interesting player indeed. What worries me is his physique though. Iniesta had a lack of physique but Puig looks way weaker than Iniesta. I am not sure if he will be able to compete on top level.

Why does his size worry you? Today he dispossessed some guys much stronger than him quite easily.

FC433

Today Matteo Guendouzi who is only about four months older dominated the midfield against MU at the Old Trafford.

Puig deserves more playing time just like many other talented players we have.

Porque

We can go slower because of his phsyical size but not too slow. He is only a few months younger than Alena who seems to have been around forever.

He is small in stature but has quick acceleration, turn of pace and can hold the ball well.

I said this before but he does not do things in slow motion when against A level. This shows he can cope with the level.

I would be calling up Aberlardo and Setien to see if any can give him serious LaLiga minutes in a less pressure environment.

His B team position can be given to Orellana.

Gnidrologist

Some brilliant plays today. Tiny guy with humongous talent. Miles ahead Alena in terms of skill and intelligence imo. Small frame doesn't seem to get in the way much as he's just way too quick for most markers and doesn't seem to be that weak either. Still looks like a schoolboy though lol.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Puig:

"It's the dream debut, with a win and I was able to give an assist. But above all, I'll stick with the team showing up."

"It's the fruit of training every day and you have to give your best."

Raketa10

Why does his size worry you? Today he dispossessed some guys much stronger than him quite easily.

It was against third tier team, even Denis managed to score two times against them. Don't get me wrong I like him, IMHO he is an exciting prospect but I am really worried if he'll be able to deliver against stronger teams. He for sure has that special something and it looks like he is more talented than Alena but there is a long way to go for both of them if they wan't to succeed on top level. We'll see.

Last edited:

George_Costanza

It was against third tier team, even Denis managed to score two times against them. Don't get me wrong I like him, IMHO he is an exciting prospect but I am really worried if he'll be able to deliver against stronger teams. He for sure has that special something and it looks like he is more talented than Alena but there is a long way to go for both of them if they wan't to succeed on top level. We'll see.

I see you little by little being brainwashed by BBZ's ubermensch philosophy.

mc_lovin

I see you little by little being brainwashed by BBZ's ubermensch philosophy.

Nothing to do with that for me... but as a midfielder he should at the very least be on Iniestas level physically? Even Coutinho looks too "weak". Otherwise he has to play as an attacker (I dont see it) or some kind of Özil nr 10, which doesnt fit modern systems.

Gnidrologist

He's no worse protecting the ball than Coutinho tbh and is much faster. No doubt will get a bit bulkier as well. Also Ariel Ortega comes to mind. Very small and much slower player than both of the above and still managed to be starter in stacked Arg NT because of technique.

Home of Barca Fans