Mavericky Puig

tacticvarium

Let's get back to Riqui-Tiki. We saw what Alena done with the first team. Hope to see Riqui get some good minutes in the Copa return leg. For me he has been better for Barca B this season than Alena, and slotted seamlessly in in pre-season.

If you watch the full matches, you will be able to see Riqui is still adapting to the league physically.
But I remember that Aleñá overcame this after just playing for 3-4 matches in the Segunda B when he was first promoted.

tacticvarium

Alena was supposed to be moved into the first team and get a real first team number but then he got injured, which is why he is registered for Barca B and assigned number 26. It is not mandatory for U-21 homegrown players to be registered in the first team for them to play anyway. Not a big issue. Alena will get a new number next season/get loaned out.

For me, Aleñá was supposed to be promoted to the first team already last season but he didn't because of stupid Valverde and the B team was promoted to the Segunda league which was still not really a big challenge for him either. He already wasted a year in that sense and he is currently wasting another year. I am getting worried about his situation and progress.

Porque

Alena is involved in the most goals for Barca B out of anyone except Mujica, with whom he is tied. He's heads and shoulders better than everyone on that team and that includes Riqui.

If you watch the full matches, you will be able to see Riqui is still adapting to the league physically.
But I remember that Aleñá overcame this after just playing for 3-4 matches in the Segunda B when he was first promoted.

I seen most of the B team games as they are live on FB. Perhaps Alena has more influential in the games I missed like the one against Ontinyent where he scored a brace. But I felt that in the beginning Alena has looked "clunky". Of course Riqui has struggled towards the end of the games with his physicality though.

God Serena

I seen most of the B team games as they are live on FB. Perhaps Alena has more influential in the games I missed like the one against Ontinyent where he scored a brace. But I felt that in the beginning Alena has looked "clunky". Of course Riqui has struggled towards the end of the games with his physicality though.

Alena wasn't the best at first because he hadn't played since May, but after one or two games he's clearly been the best player on the team, without question.

messi1995

My favourite is Riqui, but Aleña has clearly been the best. He's too good for Segunda B and should play for the first team. Aleña is better than Rafinha and Denis + Vidal soon. For me Aleña is only behind Arthur and Rakitic if we are gonna talk about CM's. I don't know where Cou play best, but in terms of controlling the game Aleña is better in the midfield with more experience.

jairzinho

There's no playing time for them (Rique+Aleña) under Ernie. That's the way it is. We should look at loaning them out at the earliest opportunity so they can continue their development elsewhere.

BusiTheKing

Loaning seems like the logical option but it's just so rare that that strategy has worked out for us. I guess I would rather sell with a very advantageous buy-back if Valverde stays on.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
There's no playing time for them (Rique+Aleña) under Ernie. That's the way it is. We should look at loaning them out at the earliest opportunity so they can continue their development elsewhere.

No need, very unlikely Valverde will be employed at Barcelona for much longer

messi1995

Why loan them out? Sell Denis and Rafinha and give chances to Aleña and Riqui. Also Coutinho lacks the basic traits to be a CM. They only have to compete with Rakitic, Arthur and Vidal. Rakitic and Vidal are both 30+ and soon finished. No need to loan them out. Let them learn from the best players and they will be the best in the future. Loaning them out is good for their development, but when you can compete with many of our midfielders there is no problem. With som trust and balls Aleña and Riqui will be good players in Barca if given chances. No doubt.

Last edited:

Andresito

Staff member
Ds8FRfbWoAAinSY.jpg

Daddy??

Home of Barca Fans